Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My first DIY

thanks for all the help guys.there is a place close by that sells the rings all i need to do is go pick them up, what is the best way to attach them to the hammock?

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I had them on a gathered end/channel hammock- just use a lark's head knot over both rings with the slack from the hammock end rope...always assuming you have some slack/unused rope there, that is.

well i got the rings on and i also put the ridgeline up. i will post some pics soon. do i really need to put tie outs on it? my next step will be the tops, but not sure when that will happen. i almost have the stuff sack done. i made it like the blackbird stuff sack, open on both sides.

well i am going out wed night for the first actual hang with the hammock completely together. it is projected to get down to 16 degrees. i think i will be ok. i have an old down sleeping bag that i am going to rig up as an under quilt. i will take some pics so you guys can tell me what you think.

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    and?? how did it work out?

we got up there late, around 10:30, so i could not take any good pics that night. i stayed fairly warm considering what i had. i took an old sleeping bag and used bungee ties to attach it to my ridgeline for the underquilt. the news said the temp got down to the mid teens. my feet got really cold, even though i had two pairs of wool socks on. other than that everything went very smoothly. i am going to figure out a better way to attach the underquilt so it wont move a lot.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234