Good morning all, I found this site by "accident", and have already used several days on reading, learning and bursting out in laughter. Great stuff, obviously written by people who enjoy the little extra in life, and a level of expertise which can only spring from real enthusiasm. I am impressed. I am not going to throw away my tents.....yet, but have found a whole new dimension for trips outdoors.
A bit about myself, I am a 59 year old Brit, living in Oslo, Norway, and use the forests and mountains as and when I am able. My job in an "outdoor kindergarden" is he best I have had, and the worst paid. The kids are great, and we are in the forest most days, and in all weathers. My wife and daughter are enthusiastic dog-racers, on skiis and bicycles, I have a support function, as I am too slow on skiis, and the dogs get pissed off, so we spend a lot of time outdoors, or in cars travelling to races and looking for misplaced kit.
Another interest is travelling by motorbike, last year I took time off to ride to India from Oslo, a lifetime ambition, which was fantastic, though I had to ship back because the Pakistan/Iran took a turn for the worse, and it was too cold to drive north. I must mention that I took a hammock with me, and only used it once, and a tent would have been more appropriate then. Sorry about that.
I am really looking foreward to reading more on this forum, I have a lot to learn.
Peter, in Oslo