So, during spring break next week, I am planning to complete 3 new hammocks and a new hex tarp. I have a couple of questions about the tarp.
1. I am using Dutch's Xenon sil, is there a right side (outside) and wrong side (inside)?
2. When cutting the catenary curves, do most prefer to do it after the top seam that joins the two pieces is completed or do you cut before joining? (Why I ask is that Xenon is 58" wide and I don't know if I will have to trim away the selvage or trim to straighten the other side. Regardless, it will be less than the 10' (120") with seam allowances)
3. If doing the felled-French seam, is there a side of the seam you prefer facing out?
4. Is it necessary to heat seal the unfinished edges if I am rolling it in a hem anyway? (It seems unnecessary given that it would be completely contained)
5. With the grosgrain tie-outs and Beastee Dee rings, do you prefer sandwiching the fabric between the grosgrain or placing the grosgrain to the inside? (Again, seems like less stress on the fabric if placed between the grosgrain)
6. Finally, with side pull-outs, do you prefer putting the grosgrain to the outside and the tarp fabric sandwiched between the reinforcement patch on the inside or sewing the reinforcement (Doubled matching fabric) patch and grosgrain loops both outside?
Please feel free to answer any or all of them or provide any additional feedback that you mig find helpful.
Thanks in advance!