Byer Moskito Kakoon
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly Hex 12
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    UCR

Fun with first DIY hammock

Finished my first DIY adventure - a hammock with a double ended stuff sack for my oldest. Thanks to Dutch for the Amsteel and RBTR for the material! We decided to go the park and do this bunk style.

I'm pretty sure I have the angle correct, but this is my first time with hammocks - so it'll be an interesting year .

Boy and I BunkStyle.jpg

Feedback is welcome - if you notice something "off" with our hangs, please let me know. We are both on DIY Treestraps and UCRs.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Fun with first DIY hammock

looks great! your son seems to be very pleased as well. bonus points for being an awesome dad!

Hammock
    DIY 11' 1.6oz HyperD XL
    Tarp
    Hennessy HexFly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/MarlnSpke
    Looks like it has the approval of its user. Only thing off that I see is no hot drinks. Other than that it lokks good to go. Nice work!

Hammock
    Byer Moskito Kakoon
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly Hex 12
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    UCR

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dlrocm View Post
    looks great! your son seems to be very pleased as well. bonus points for being an awesome dad!
    Thanks Dlrocm. He loves talking to everyone and showing everyone his hammock that I made... It is fairly rough - every time I look at it, I see several things I'd like to change, but he loves it. Now his younger brother wants a blue one ... Sister wants a hot pink one... I'm going to have to build one of these pretty soon to be able to hang at our house

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorEnvy View Post
    Looks like it has the approval of its user. Only thing off that I see is no hot drinks. Other than that it lokks good to go. Nice work!
    Good observation, OutdoorEnvy! I'll have to rectify that the next time we go out. Once I finish my DIY wood-gas stove, it'll do nicely to have some hot cocoa at the local park

• + New Posts