Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles

New Hanging Hoosier

Hello, I'm fairly new to hanging but have a WBB with a Yeti 3S and SuperFly tarp. I just received/used my new HG Burrow 40 w/ 2 oz overfill made short and wide (to make room for my canine BFF when he wants to burrow under the covers). Last night was my first time sleeping in somewhat cooler temps in the hammock. Though the temps were in the mid- 30s and my top quilt was plenty warm (especially with Norbert sleeping beside me), but kept getting cold spots underneath. I did have a partial z-lite pad that I used for my feet which worked well but kept getting gold where the underquilt was. My Yeti 3S is supposed to be good to 20 degrees so not sure if I'm that cold of a sleeper or if I just wasn't doing something right with it. When I moved in the hammock the underquilt at times moved such that I had to reach out and pull it back, but even when it was there, I found myself getting cold. Any suggesstions? Perhaps I didn't have it adjusted right?... I just figured if I was warm enough with the HGB 40 (plus 2oz overfill) top quilt that the 3S Yeti should have been more than ample warmth.
    Norbert.jpg

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC and WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly and WD 13
    Insulation
    JRB HG AHE Lynx
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    A lot of people will tell you to make sure you tighten the suspension up on the UQ. check out Shug's videos as he has some good tips on underquilt adjustments. There is definitely a learning curve....did you have anyone check your quilt with you in the hammock to ensure there were no gaps on either end? That is usually the culprit. you can over tighten the ends which opens a gap for air when you get inside the hammock. your Yeti should be sufficient for the mid 30s no problem.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Thank you for the quick feedback. I'll search for the videos you mentioned - no one was with me to check as this was a first time test in my backyard with my dog in the hammock (he slept soundly), but I had a feeling it was user error...

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC and WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly and WD 13
    Insulation
    JRB HG AHE Lynx
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclist4d View Post
    Thank you for the quick feedback. I'll search for the videos you mentioned - no one was with me to check as this was a first time test in my backyard with my dog in the hammock (he slept soundly), but I had a feeling it was user error...

Shug's youtube channel is shugemery its super informative and entertaining

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC and WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly and WD 13
    Insulation
    JRB HG AHE Lynx
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclist4d View Post
    Guess this would've been easier https://youtu.be/D9N3KkV5Zf4

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce656 View Post
    Guess this would've been easier https://youtu.be/D9N3KkV5Zf4
    Thanks much. I'm sure I had a gap, but am not sure how to tighten the Yeti horizontally as some of the others shown on the video can be cinched. I know pulling the quilt toward my feet should have closed the gap but I don't think that happened. I might just need to do a bit more trial and error with it in daylight and at home, before I try it out in the backwoods.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Welcome from Marietta GA! Good luck tweaking your gear. There is a fiddle factor learning curve but you'll get it dialed in if you persevere!

• + New Posts