AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings

More new stuff!

Hey everyone, Just wanted to announce some new items that will be available latter in the week and coming up in the next couple weeks as well.

First off with the holidays quickly approaching what dose a good spouse get their hammock hanger? A Arrowhead Equipment Gift Certificate of corse! We will be adding gift certificates to our line so that you can pick stuff out for your self and not leave them scratching their heads at what it was you wanted. Was it the polyester or the polly pro tree straps with the whoopie slings? Make it easy on them.

Next we will have a large variety of exotic wood dowels for toggles to use in the Marlin Spike Hitch. They will be available in a number of different woods, and will all be sealed with a heavy coat of oil that will let the natural beauty of the wood show through. I am working on the final design but they should be ready this weekend. I plan on offering them with a small keeper sting (either fine glow cord or utility line in grey or yellow--you pick)

Out a couple of weeks but today I placed a order for 1 inch wide polyester seatbelt webbing. I have it coming in black, grey and tan. The webbing is rated to 3000 pounds, and weighs in at about 1/3rd oz per foot. In a week or two I should have some samples and be able to get a more exact weight on it. This will be available for tree straps and webbing suspensions.

As well I will be working on my design for the infamous ULA Amigo Pro filter system. I really like Angry Sparrows idea of using a dry sack/stuff sack for the filter bag, as apposed to the fabric circle that ULA was using. This system will be more costly to make but IMO I think it will function better. I am planing to offer the system initially without the filter element to keep the cost down. One other tweak that I am considering but not set on yet (and would like some opinions on) is to use parts and hose that is silver ion impregnated, much like all of camelbacks current equipment. The system helps to prevent any skuz from growing in the lines in the event that the system is put way without being totally dry. These parts are a bit more costly than nylon but I am trying to judge if they would be of a large enough benefit or a waste of money.

I am also planning to make complete suspension kits available for those that just want to order one item and have everything they need to change over their suspension. These will eventually be available in a number of options, whoopie's and tree straps with carabiners or toggles- webbing and carabiners- with cinch buckles or rings, rope lines and tree straps, and any other options or combinations that we can come up with

I will also be expanding our selection of DIY parts and pieces in the coming weeks. Along with the new webbing options we will be selling a broader selection of Amsteel and other raw materials for DIY projects.

And finally I have plans to add several other products in the coming weeks that may be slightly further down the road but are coming. First of is the small size Kelly Kettle, I have been talking with KK about getting in these along with some of the accessories for them. Along with that we will be stocking a snow shelter system that is a great winter camping tool. For those that like to camp in the snow this tool makes it a lot of fun, and easier, to built a snow shelter. I have used one in the past and while hanging is great a warm snow shelter can be the easiest way to stay warm in sub 0 conditions. Lots more coming about this in the next month or so. We also have a number of small items that we are still working on that have been suggested in past threads, along with some larger items that we are working out the deigns for.

So as you can see I have lots and lots of work ahead of me to round out this year. Lots of new items still to design and premier. Lots of website work and upgrades to do. And intermixed with this we at Gibson Construction, my day job when we have a job have a small project that came up this week on a remodel repair for somebody else's bad work. This project will take some of my time off and on over the next couple weeks but I now have some help in the shop so orders will still be shipping about as fast as they have over the past month or two. Which on most stuff is pretty quick, last week we had a large New River quilt out the door in under 24 hours from time of order. We have whoopie slings made and ready to ship in nearly every color available. We have pillows in both sizes made up and ready to ship in both rolled and loose stuff. And all those great hammock stocking stuffers like Carabiners, Fire Steels and P38 can openers are all on hand and will ship same or next day on most all orders.

So here is to a great holiday season to all. Let me know if I can do any thing at all to fill a box under the tree for you or a loved one.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    All sounds great. Thanks for the updates and good luck with both businesses!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post

As well I will be working on my design for the infamous ULA Amigo Pro filter system. I really like Angry Sparrows idea of using a dry sack/stuff sack for the filter bag, as apposed to the fabric circle that ULA was using.
    Just as a heads up, Katadyn already makes a Base Camp water filter. It is essentially a dry sack with a hiker pro filter element in it with a hose running out. I wouldn't want to see their lawyers calling you up in regards to trademark and patent infringement.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Trademark/Patent Question:
    To solve the patent and trademarks just make it a DIY kit, some assembly required, and there is nothing they can say about it, could they? I would reallly like to know, I have some ideas that I am working on and have not been able to find any relevant information.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    The Base Camp has a fitting that the cartridge screws into, unlike the nylon fittings method previously used by the Amigo Pro. And there are several other gravity filters on the market (even ones with bags), so the idea itself isn't protected.

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems there is sufficient prior art to make this design fair game. YMMV

BTW, congrats on the product additions Paul.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Thanks all! Yah I don't think this design is close enough to the Basecamp to be an issue. I sold a few Basecamp's over the years and it is a good system but over built for most light weight packers to justify it over a pump.

I hope that I will get some of the edits and products up on the website this weekend. I am beat, just got home from ripping of hundreds of pounds of sheetrock off walls and then hauling it to the trailer and then unloading it at the dump. Man I am out of shape for this, not doing any physical labor for months gets a guy out of shape faster than you might think.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    ...not doing any physical labor for months gets a guy out of shape faster than you might think.
    Hah! Give it another 30 years or so.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Hah! Give it another 30 years or so.
    Don't even want to think about that right now, seems harder and harder each year.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!

And finally I have plans to add several other products in the coming weeks that may be slightly further down the road but are coming. First of is the small size Kelly Kettle, I have been talking with KK about getting in these along with some of the accessories for them.

Make it in TITANIUM. Then you will sell the heck out of it to the Backpacking Light crowd.

BF

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Go get 'em Paul.
    Whoooooo Kelly Kettle .... a brilliant piece of gear!
    I take it backpacking .........
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast