Hammock
    JB's Outdoor Supply Captain
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle

Hello from northern Ohio!

Hi gang,

I'm Steve, and I am from northern Ohio, west of Cleveland

We are retired, and recent empty nesters now that our youngest daughter is away at college. And that's how we found our way here at Hammock Forums. She is out in Seattle, and the lifestyle there is a bit different than here in the midwest. She kept sending us photos of her out exploring places, and frequently, she and her friends were in hammocks. Her birthday was last week, and one of the things she asked for was an ENO hammock. We got one for her, and tried it out here in our backyard. Wow, that's a lot more comfortable than it looked!

As it happens, one of the people I follow on Instagram had a short video than included a hammock. One of the replies was from JB's Outdoor Supply, saying he recognized the hammock. So I clicked on his account, went to his homepage, and found he makes what appears to be very nice hammocks for less than an ENO. So, between the Instagram coincidence and testing out our daughter's hammock, I've got one from JB's on order!

Somehow from there, I stumbled across this crazy guy on YouTube sitting in the snow in his backyard in Minnesota talking about HammockForums.net.

And here I am.

I see that my new hammock isn't like what most folks here seem to use, as mine is more recreational than a camping hammock. I'm sure I'll still glean a lot of useful information, and maybe contribute something myself. I've already figured out that a whoopee cushion, err... sling will be advantageous, and have one on order.

The hammock will fit in well with our new freedom to explore. Prior to last fall, my wife and I hadn't taken a vacation on our own since 1988! Now we are traveling more (a 43 day wander across the upper US last fall and three weeks exploring Florida last month.) We travel without plans or reservations to wherever we find interesting, and more importantly, where lots of people aren't. We'll pull out the bag chairs and sit and watch the river, the sky, or whatever, maybe taking a snooze. What could be better for this sort of relaxing exploring than a hammock?!

That's me in a nutshell. I'm glad I found this place!
    Steve
    Steve - northern Ohio
    Retired, and exploring the USA
    Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Topless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Welcome from SW Ohio!

Haha that crazy guy would probably be Shug. He's a regular and a big contributor to the community.

If you have any questions just post them up. The HF Community is super helpful.

Good luck!
    Last edited by cincihangs; 03-30-2016 at 08:07.

Hammock
    Dutch Nylon D 1.6 single & double
    Tarp
    Kelty and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Cocoon
    Suspension
    My whoopie/straps
    Images
    12715699_10207464456157318_987291556352558139_n.jpg
    My Nephew Jacob lives in Seattle too. He got me into the "hammock' thing ... I'll be headed out in June or July to "hang" with him. He just got out of Army Rangers.. He had 8 1/2 years service and is a Afgan War Vet... Nice to meet another OHIO HANGER ...

Hammock
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by cincihangs View Post
    Welcome from SW Ohio!

Haha that crazy guy would probably be Shug. He's a regular and a big contributor to the community.!
    Yep, I knew it was @Shug and that he's a regular here. That was just me being tongue in cheek, apparently not to clearly.

Thanks for the welcome!
    Steve - northern Ohio

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Topless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    That's pretty obvious now that you say it. Haha I can be pretty thick sometimes... *face palm*
    Last edited by cincihangs; 03-30-2016 at 17:19.

Hammock
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I got my hammock from JBsOutdoorSupply.com today. It was only 31°F out, so I didn't hang around for long. It came with a handy little flashlight on the storage bag drawstring.

I've got a whoopee sling adjustable ridgeline, but haven't put it on yet. Snow in the forecast for later this week...
    Steve - northern Ohio

• + New Posts