Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WBRR Structural Ridgeline Questions

1. Has anyone done this before, if so does it work and do you attach it to the triangle (apex) metal where the amsteel meets from the spreader bars?

2. I am looking to make essentially a long whoopie sling from zing-it or lash-it and was wondering if anyone knew the exact length that allows for a great lay/sag for the RR? I like the idea of a ridgeline because I don't have to worry about whether or not the hammock is laying the exact same way every time and keep having to adjust the cinch buckles to get it just right.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Kyle

Anybody? Lol

Hammock
    eno dbl wbbb 1.7 dbl,dangerbird72
    Tarp
    ugq wd 12
    Insulation
    kaq/ugq tq uq
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    why would you want too? it has structure from the two side line.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyg View Post
    why would you want too? it has structure from the two side line.
    I like being able to set it up and have the same lay each time.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpi890 View Post
    I like being able to set it up and have the same lay each time.

For a bridge hammock the bed area is the same every time. All you can do to affect the lay is the angle of tip fro head to foot end and a RL will not change that. The structure of the side webbing and spreader bars keeps the bed area the same no matter how tight or loose the suspension is pulled. You can't change that without hanging is so loose that there is no tension on the sides of the hammock.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    For a bridge hammock the bed area is the same every time. All you can do to affect the lay is the angle of tip fro head to foot end and a RL will not change that. The structure of the side webbing and spreader bars keeps the bed area the same no matter how tight or loose the suspension is pulled. You can't change that without hanging is so loose that there is no tension on the sides of the hammock.
    While everything Paul said is true, I still use an adjustable ridgeline on my RR. When I tension up the ridgeline to my predetermined mark it gives me a more consistent lay from one set-up to the next. While not required on the RR I find it useful. I made my RL from Lash-it.

This is great information to know! I just want sure if I was getting the same lay each time or not. Guess I'm just so used to a gathered end hammock and a fixed RL.

Quote Originally Posted by WVwanderer View Post
    While everything Paul said is true, I still use an adjustable ridgeline on my RR. When I tension up the ridgeline to my predetermined mark it gives me a more consistent lay from one set-up to the next. While not required on the RR I find it useful. I made my RL from Lash-it.
    I have some lash it on the way I was going to use for mine. What length is your ridge line and where do you attach it?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    If you dig far enough and deeeeep enough....think it was within a few months of the RR coming out. There was a guy in the UK that did a RL (not structural per say) for the RR. Think he had measurements and all. It was hooked up to the mini loops at the apex buckles on the suspension. But really if hung correct all you can do is change the bed slope..... ----- or / or \ foot up or foot down.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

If you dig far enough and deeeeep enough....think it was within a few months of the RR coming out. There was a guy in the UK that did a RL (not structural per say) for the RR. Think he had measurements and all. It was hooked up to the mini loops at the apex buckles on the suspension. But really if hung correct all you can do is change the bed slope..... ----- or / or \ foot up or foot down.
    Awesome thanks I'll look for it! And I really enjoy your Instagram so keep it up! I've recently started backpacking/fly fishing trips!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I'm confused. Wouldn't a ridge line adversely affect the lay of the hammock? The consistent lay no matter the distance between trees is the reason I went with a Ridgerunner. This makes setting them up so much easier plus they are so darn comfortable.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast