Thread: ENO Technest

ENO Technest

Does anyone know anything about the ENO Technest, I was at REI the other day and saw one but I haven't been able to find any reviews about it. It weighs 10oz and supports 350lbs but it's also less than 10 feet long so I was worried that might affect the comfort. Just wondering if any of you have had any experience with one.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Get one and string it up for a test lay. REI will take it back no questions asked if you don't like it.

I know many on here are ENO averse, but I love my DN OneLink outfit from REI. At 5'11" and 240 I never have a problem getting comfy, and the Atlas Straps make setup a cinch. The tarp has kept me dry thus far when I've had it our in wet weather, although I haven't been through any bad storms or anything.

All that said i am looking forward to DYIing some gear and trying some different setups. But I digress... good luck!

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmg View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the ENO Technest, I was at REI the other day and saw one but I haven't been able to find any reviews about it. It weighs 10oz and supports 350lbs but it's also less than 10 feet long so I was worried that might affect the comfort. Just wondering if any of you have had any experience with one.
    The ENO Technest is $95 for hammock only. no suspension. You can an 11ft Dutchware hammock with no suspension for around $40. very comfortable and handmade in United States.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 PolyD; Junglenest
    Tarp
    HG; ENO
    Insulation
    HG; Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    I have a couple of hammocks from Dutch and find them to be very comfortable, but my wife and one of my daughters prefer the ENO JungleNest. The ENO works very well for them and are very easy to set up. Like Johnspenn stated REI will take it back if you do not like it.

• + New Posts