Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I like to wake up and then go back to sleep atleast 3-4 times. Then I get up make a fire, eat and just hang out, maybe read a book for abit.

My habit as a ground dweller was to find a camp site at least 2 hrs before dark. Get up before day break, heck who can enjoy laying on the ground anyway, eat quickly and hit the trail. Now with my hammock rig I still enjoy stopping early, setting up camp and looking forward to another great night in my hammock. I still rise early, coffee to enjoy, but I don't hit the trail as early since I don't have to compete for level tent sites. Hammocks are wonderful!
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I generally like to get on the trail early, and very early in summer, mainly to take advantage of the cooler hours for hiking, then jumping into a lake or stream in the afternoon and taking a siesta in the shade until the sun is a little lower in the sky, followed by another easy 4-5 miles.

@old4hats, REALLY good point about not having to compete for good tent sites!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I see this thread is about two weeks short of being two years old.

Since my daughter & I travel together, I am reduced to being a late morning-- get going.

My normal urge is to be on the go as the sun comes up. I love early morning, everything is fresh and peaceful. I love hearing the different birds announcing their presence as sunrise comes on.

When I tent camped the pain was so bad, I could not sleep, so I would be up long before sunrise packed and ready to go.

Hammock
    DH Freebird or Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    OMW/Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Varied
    Images
    Get up early and steal away! I usually try to warn my fellow hangers so they don't feel slighted!
    Hobo Off The Ground All Year Round: 8 7
    consecutive months since the start, 9/2015 through 11/2022

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    +1 on what Sparky (post #10) said. How long I stay at camp depends on how awesome the scenery is. Sometimes I like to linger to soak in the beauty of nature. I go camping/hiking in the woods to chill out, not to be in a rush. Now if I have some place to be, I move out early, quickly and with a purpose, but prefer to camp with comfort and relaxation in mind.

As George Bush the elder would say...."Broccoli Bad...............Lollygag GOOD"! Google Youtube and look up Dana Carvey George Bush SNL cold opening.. great stuff.
    Last edited by Tyroler Holzhacker; 03-15-2018 at 13:04.

12trysomething your blog is good! I read it and also my friends read it
    Write a lot! You do it good!
    In addition, you can use this site https://blablawriting.com
    I am sure it helps you a lot!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    +1 on what Sparky (post #10) said. How long I stay at camp depends on how awesome the scenery is.
    That's a good point. If it's the first morning, a comfortable 45°, sun rising, birds singing, no wind, good scenery...you gotta chill and enjoy that. But if it's the last day (I'm ready to hit the road anyway), cold, windy, cloudy, not great scenery, I'm packing up like the place is on fire.

Hammock
    SLD, Townsend bridge
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    WB,UGQ,Nunatak
    Suspension
    Beckets
    I am typically awake before the sun comes up. I take a scenic stroll to get my food bag and sit back down in the hammock. Inevitably it is lights out for about an hour. Wake up again and start my breakfast. After breakfast I may take a nap again or just watch God's creation for a while. In the woods I am amazingly lazy.

I would prefer to Relax and Chill I'm quite Lazy in the morning as compared to whole day so I would do late on.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast