HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip

Thumbs up First JRB quilt test

The weekend before Thanksgiving I had a very long phone call with one of the Jacks (Pan) who was very understanding of all my questions and sufficiently geeky to be technical in good way. I placed an order and by the following Wed I had my shipment waiting when I got home from work! Due to the holidays, I didn't get to try it out until last night.

I combined the HH Exped UL with the HH Hex tarp and the Mt Washington-3 UQ and the Sierra Sniveler. I purposely slept in less clothes than I might camping to make comparable future tests. It got down to 19°F last night and we had our first dusting of snow. The wind was moderate, but the yard was partially sheltered by buildings.

I am pleased to report that I stayed sufficiently warm with no other insulation or reflectors. Just before dawn I felt a tad cool, but not enough that I couldn't get back to sleep. It was hard to wake up and have to go to work. Tonite should be colder yet so another test is in order!

Thanks Jack (and Jack),
    ~b.

Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Sweet! The Jacks make some nice quilts and Pan is wealth of knowledge.

Sporting a Winter Nest under my HH.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
    The weekend before Thanksgiving I had a very long phone call with one of the Jacks (Pan) who was very understanding of all my questions and sufficiently geeky to be technical in good way. I placed an order and by the following Wed I had my shipment waiting when I got home from work! Due to the holidays, I didn't get to try it out until last night.

I combined the HH Exped UL with the HH Hex tarp and the Mt Washington-3 UQ and the Sierra Sniveler. I purposely slept in less clothes than I might camping to make comparable future tests. It got down to 19°F last night and we had our first dusting of snow. The wind was moderate, but the yard was partially sheltered by buildings.

I am pleased to report that I stayed sufficiently warm with no other insulation or reflectors. Just before dawn I felt a tad cool, but not enough that I couldn't get back to sleep. It was hard to wake up and have to go to work. Tonite should be colder yet so another test is in order!

Thanks Jack (and Jack),
    ~b.

Canoeski,

You are welcome.... Looks like a sytem to be "thankful" about... Below 20 is nice too.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ / SS TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    I like that snow...looks like you got some JRB happiness there for your Hennessy. Looking forward to hearing more...

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    I specifically ordered by my Hudson River in blue and gold, and it showed up in black and olive drab. Nonetheless, and not floating in open waters, I have found myself warm in these strange colors down to 35 d, the limiting factor being the UQ (SnugFit), not the Hudson River. I congratulate them and may leg it some day...

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I specifically ordered by my Hudson River in blue and gold, and it showed up in black and olive drab. Nonetheless, and not floating in open waters, I have found myself warm in these strange colors down to 35 d, the limiting factor being the UQ (SnugFit), not the Hudson River. I congratulate them and may leg it some day...
    After a thousand posts complaining about the Kelly Green JRB's, now we have someone complaining about OD.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I specifically ordered by my Hudson River in blue and gold, and it showed up in black and olive drab.......
    I didn't realize that the JRB quilts came in custom colors. Is this correct?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    ALCON,

Sailor is just getting ready to "Choy hoy" when Navy looses to Army 0n 12 Dec.......

Pan

Ed... to correct game date... moved to deconflict with the various conference championships.
    Last edited by Peter_pan; 12-05-2009 at 11:49.
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    ALCON,

Sailor is just getting ready to "Choy hoy" when Navy looses to Army 0n 12 Dec.......

Pan

Ed... to correct game date... moved to deconflict with the various conference championships.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Navy won that game every year since 2002? Just sayin'.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I didn't realize that the JRB quilts came in custom colors. Is this correct?
    The new color choices, as I understand it, are OD on one side and Black on the other, or, Black on one side and OD on the other. I like them both.
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast