HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR & Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I use a tablecloth hammock at home - best $12 I ever spent. I don't like hammocks with integrated bugnets when hiking, but I definitely wouldn't want one at home.
    What he said. Table cloth hands down regardless of $.

Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    I would never limit myself to just one hammock. Much as I love my WBBB, for hanging at home I prefer a no-net hammock made from much heavier fabric. Definitely look into Brazilian / Mayan / Nicaraguan / ... hammocks. If you go with a traditional hammock, go as long and wide as possible. I think my Brazilian hammock is 14', and there are longer ones. However, a simple no-net camping hammock can work just as well. At the moment I use a hammock made from heavy nylon ripstop because I prefer less stretch. But that's personal. The nice thing is that even high quality hammocks are still a lot cheaper than high quality mattresses.
    If I plan on sleeping in a hammock overnight in my home, would a 5 by 12 foot hammock be large enough? I am nearly 6 feet tall and 175lbs. I found a brazilian hammock on amazon, it's from Hammock Sky. Or would you recommend larger if I plan on using it as my everyday bed? And if so, where would you recommend? Thanks for your help. It's greatly appreciated

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikwoiuh View Post
    If I plan on sleeping in a hammock overnight in my home, would a 5 by 12 foot hammock be large enough? I am nearly 6 feet tall and 175lbs. I found a brazilian hammock on amazon, it's from Hammock Sky. Or would you recommend larger if I plan on using it as my everyday bed? And if so, where would you recommend? Thanks for your help. It's greatly appreciated
    Not familiar with Hammock Sky but it sounds plenty big. Mine are all the typical 11' and I sleep in one at home frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    For Brazilian hammocks the rule is: the bigger, the better. This is the advice I was given by a guy who sleeps in a Brazilian every night. He was a real expert on non-camping hammocks, and it's well worth reading through his posts.

I tried using a Brazilian but couldn't get any of my underquilts to work with it. Since I moved house, I have less space to hang and didn't experiment any further. I still have my Brazilian and hope that I will have the space to hang it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    For Brazilian hammocks the rule is: the bigger, the better. This is the advice I was given by a guy who sleeps in a Brazilian every night. He was a real expert on non-camping hammocks, and it's well worth reading through his posts.

I tried using a Brazilian but couldn't get any of my underquilts to work with it. Since I moved house, I have less space to hang and didn't experiment any further. I still have my Brazilian and hope that I will have the space to hang it one day.

Thank you for all of the info. I found a hammock that says the total length is 168 inches, which is 14 feet in length, but it also says the hammock bed size is 102"x63", I don't understand what that means, could you explain it to me? Usually when I see 2 measurements like that it means length and width, but the total length was already mentioned at 168". Here is the link http://www.seasidehammocks.com/DOUBL...MOCK-p314.html
    What's the actual length of the hammock? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm excited to finally pull the trigger on my indoor hammock. Thanks again!!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Thank you for all of the info. I found a hammock that says the total length is 168 inches, which is 14 feet in length, but it also says the hammock bed size is 102"x63", I don't understand what that means, could you explain it to me? Usually when I see 2 measurements like that it means length and width, but the total length was already mentioned at 168". Here is the link http://www.seasidehammocks.com/DOUBL...MOCK-p314.html
    What's the actual length of the hammock? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm excited to finally pull the trigger on my indoor hammock. Thanks again!!
    They're saying that you have 102 inches of hammock length, and an additional 66 inches of string suspension (33 inches each end).
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I think SilvrSurfr is right, and if so that's a really short hammock. For comfort go with a hammock body of 11feet by 5 feet or even 12x6. But there might be something I've missed about this hammock you are thinking of buying---and it could be just fine--but I doubt it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I found a hammock that says the total length is 168 inches, which is 14 feet in length, but it also says the hammock bed size is 102"x63", I don't understand what that means, could you explain it to me? Usually when I see 2 measurements like that it means length and width, but the total length was already mentioned at 168". Here is the link http://www.seasidehammocks.com/DOUBL...MOCK-p314.html
    What's the actual length of the hammock?
    The actual length should be 168" from eye to eye. Part of the 168" are the strings. You won't able to lie on this part, but you wouldn't do that anyway. It is equivalent to a 168" camping hammock - so you should be fine.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123