Tarp
    9'6'' square PE
    Insulation
    UQ+TQ snugpak
    Suspension
    polyester webbing

Hello from Spain

Hello,

I didn't introduce myself before posting sorry.
    I currently live in Spain, by the sea, and have been hammocking as much as I could for three years.

My first serious hammock experience outdoors (beside sleeping nights in a nice mexican hammock during hot summer nights) was terrible though, using the smallest net hammock and a far from sufficient sleeping bag (limit comfort supposedly 10°C), I pushed a bit too much the "ultra light" limits, and when on the first night of the hije the temperature dropped to 4°C I experienced the upper limits of hyporthermia, but I wasn't alone and there was a fire nearby. I walked the remaining 45miles the following days without hammocking, sharing ground shelter, but swearing that I had to conquer the hammock world.

So I checked the net for my mistakes afterwards, got a cheap ASMC hammock, made terrible but kind of working (but not lasting) UQ out of space blankets, poncho liners, old blankets, pads in the hammock (sweat pool), got an heavy but hot enough sleeping bag, made whoopie slings then decided I didn't need them,... and never went to the ground since, to the point I sleep daily in a hammock and never go out even for a 3 hours walk without one.

Still a beginner because things are not smooth as I wish they were when setting my (also cheap) tarp.

My first "decent" hammock should hopefully arrive soon, a double TTTM because I wanted to try the extra width, still wondering what should be my next upgrade, probably a tarp, but I'm still considering the options between asym, diamond, square, rect, full winter.
    Also since hammocking, I stopped focusing on lightweight, but as almost everybody, I'm seeking my own holy grail of hammocking : a sweet spot somewhere in between extremely comfortable and versatile hammocking, ultralight but ultrasturdy gear, and a restricted budget.

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    Welcome to the forum, Ramn.

Sent from my X98 Plus(A5C8) using Tapatalk
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

• + New Posts