Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Here's a pic I did a while ago that kinda shows how it was made:
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    I think the DWR I have isnt wide enough. Its only 46". I might have to make a seam in the middle
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    The netting area that you need to be covered is not as wide as you might think. You might try and see. You can arrange the fabric diagonally on the hammock and only have to make 2 long cuts and it also uses less fabric.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    It was really easy - basically a Jeff's Gear Hammock shaped and sized to fit the top of the HH. Problem is, stretching it out on the floor, tracing, and adding 6" all the way around didn't work very well. The thing is way too big, as you can see from the pix.

If I decide to use my HH in winter again (probably not) I'll get someone IN the hammock with the cover on it, then mark the edges that way. Apparently (I think others have observed this as well) the bugnetting doesn't have the same shape once the hammock is hung and loaded.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    It was really easy - basically a Jeff's Gear Hammock shaped and sized to fit the top of the HH. Problem is, stretching it out on the floor, tracing, and adding 6" all the way around didn't work very well. The thing is way too big, as you can see from the pix.

If I decide to use my HH in winter again (probably not) I'll get someone IN the hammock with the cover on it, then mark the edges that way. Apparently (I think others have observed this as well) the bugnetting doesn't have the same shape once the hammock is hung and loaded.
    For some reason I didn't seem to have the fit issues you had. Mine worked pretty well. You are right though. If I were going to make one that would get used a lot I would do it by taking measurements to get a really good fit. Like you, I don't use my HH much anymore so it's not really a priority, although I would like to make one from 1.1oz rip stop some day

I just threw one together to see if the idea of a cover to help retain heat would work, and it works very well.

www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12