UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    What he said.
    And there's the site that's associated w/ the FB group over at another site
    LOL, they edited your link, That is freaking classic.
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by humer91 View Post
    LOL, they edited your link, That is freaking classic.
    That is pretty weak stick right there, certainly vindictive and bordering on pathetic.
    Sorry to see that kind of thing happening here.

In any event, there are plenty of Texas area events, some from that site, some from BushcraftUSA.com and some from HF, though I haven't seen many HF events.

Heading to Texas in 2 weeks, not sure I'm going to have time to do any hanging but maybe. If I do, it will be around Lake Conroe.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    In any event, there are plenty of Texas area events, some from that site, some from BushcraftUSA.com and some from HF, though I haven't seen many HF events.

Heading to Texas in 2 weeks, not sure I'm going to have time to do any hanging but maybe. If I do, it will be around Lake Conroe.
    Just playing semantics with you, but I don't know of many "HF events" beyond something hosted by owner/mods. There are not any HF Sponsored events that I know of, but I've missed messages before and could be wrong. There are lots of events, many posted on HF, and we have a fair number in Texas. In fact the 4 I've listed above have all been posted here in the past as have a number of others for at least the last 8 years and I'm sure many more will be posted here in the years to come.

There are regional groups on FB that are great tools to find even more. The value of social media in addition to forums is the social media conversations may go off on tangents and get off topic which can sometimes be a challenge to follow. In a forum, ideally, the info stays on topic for the most part and is easy to search through past years as well.

Since social media gives real names and in some cases addresses or at the least a means of tracking down addresses, it's not uncommon for groups to be closed to the entire world, while open to those in that region or those traveling to that region to provide a bit of safety to its members. Who wants to return home to an empty house after posts planning a hang advertised to the criminal element in the world that there would be easy pickings while the owner was away?

There's plenty of trees around Lake Conroe. Off trail camping is free in the National Forest and there are also a couple of Forest Service campgrounds great for hanging. Have fun enjoying our skeeters, humidity, and trees Ratdog!
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    What he said.
    And there's the site that's associated w/ the FB group over at another site
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Just playing semantics with you, but I don't know of many "HF events" beyond something hosted by owner/mods. There are not any HF Sponsored events that I know of, but I've missed messages before and could be wrong. There are lots of events, many posted on HF, and we have a fair number in Texas. In fact the 4 I've listed above have all been posted here in the past as have a number of others for at least the last 8 years and I'm sure many more will be posted here in the years to come.

There are regional groups on FB that are great tools to find even more. The value of social media in addition to forums is the social media conversations may go off on tangents and get off topic which can sometimes be a challenge to follow. In a forum, ideally, the info stays on topic for the most part and is easy to search through past years as well.

Since social media gives real names and in some cases addresses or at the least a means of tracking down addresses, it's not uncommon for groups to be closed to the entire world, while open to those in that region or those traveling to that region to provide a bit of safety to its members. Who wants to return home to an empty house after posts planning a hang advertised to the criminal element in the world that there would be easy pickings while the owner was away?

There's plenty of trees around Lake Conroe. Off trail camping is free in the National Forest and there are also a couple of Forest Service campgrounds great for hanging. Have fun enjoying our skeeters, humidity, and trees Ratdog!

Quite right and it was my intention to acknowledge exactly that with my "What he said." in post #8.

Here's hoping the OP finds some gatherings that suit in time and location.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12