Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images

Tree-O Hammock Frame from Treble Hammocks

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...three-hammocks

I bought two of these. And now one of them is stationary hanged on my yard, where there is three big trees, but they are too far away to be used for direct hammock hanging. I have been using different kind of stands before Tree-O, but all of them have the same problem, they are on my way at the yard when not in use. I have also build a artificial tree for hanging my hammock, mutta sometimes the place is too cold because of the shadows and sometime too hot because of the direct sunlight at that particular moment.

Tree-O has solved my problems. It is not on my way. I can hang hammock different places very easily. I usually use a simple acrylic hammock from Bolivia, it does not rotten if it gots wet and is sufficiently warm without insulation, but I also have the Alpine hammock and DD-Hammocks modular UL-hammock, both of those can be used without proper tarp. Tarp is the one thing Tree-O does not help with. It stretches because it is nylon and tarp needs it own ridgeline tieouts.

I was bit worried about the stretching of the frame, but after I used the frame with my buddy I'm now happy to inform You it really works. The hammocks must be hanged bit tighter than normal, and climbing up to the hammock is bit harder than on normal situation, but the frame really works. Movement of the other occupant did not bother the other one at all.

The place where we hanged was a such that trees were at too long distance for normal hanging. Without Tree-O we would have been forced to hang our hammocks very far apart - and also over not so good ground. Now we enjoyed the perfect spot with nice ground - without any small tree branches on our way.

There is one thing which could make Tree-O even better. It should be made with dyneema. No stretch and lighter frame. Now the frame weights 2,0 kg and it is way too much for hiking.

By the way. The quality of the materials was excellent, just the right kind of material, sturdy but easy to handle. Metal gear parts were also top notch. And the workmanship also. Due the design error at the first round Trent was noble and ordered an extra reinforcement webbing for the frame without any cost to us Kickstarter supporters. It may be that he got burnt by the product financially - and I'm sorry for that. But I hope that this product will at some point be sold through his site - or even better the dyneema version.

And for those who say this is easily done by DIY project I just say - GO for it! But don't be surprised if using quality webbing and metal parts will make your DIY budget to blow up sky high.
    Last edited by voivalin; 05-14-2016 at 19:42.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    ugq Fjack and zep
    Suspension
    Webbing n buckles
    Thanks for reviewing! I got mine a few weeks ago and have not had occasion to use it yet. Appreciate you sharing your experiences so far.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    The Tree O Hammock Frame is REAL!!! You sure are attracted to niche products, voivalin.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    The Tree O Hammock Frame is REAL!!! You sure are attracted to niche products, voivalin.

Niche, what is niche?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    OzTrail???
    Insulation
    Tentsile sky pad
    Suspension
    DIY single line
    Quote Originally Posted by voivalin View Post

Niche, what is niche?
    Same as Nietzsche but with less attitude

Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images

Hammock
    Diy HyperD grey ghost
    Tarp
    Wb Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Diy
    Suspension
    whoopies straps ms
    Images
    Correct me if i am wrong, but wouldn't ANY hammock related product be considered a niche product? Especially products relating to hammock camping. I know they are growing in popularity, however hammocks are far from mainstream. Granted some products can and are used by folks who do not hammock camp (tarps, cordage, top quilts), there are products that are hammock specific ( underquilts for example). Really any of us that have made a purchase from Dutchware have been attracted to a niche product.

Hammock
    DIY Hyper 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and pad
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by kev138 View Post
    Correct me if i am wrong, but wouldn't ANY hammock related product be considered a niche product? Especially products relating to hammock camping. I know they are growing in popularity, however hammocks are far from mainstream. Granted some products can and are used by folks who do not hammock camp (tarps, cordage, top quilts), there are products that are hammock specific ( underquilts for example). Really any of us that have made a purchase from Dutchware have been attracted to a niche product.
    Very true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    SilvrSurfr doesn't believe in niche products. He'll choose the wooden spoon instead of the titanium spork to stir the pot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Quote Originally Posted by voivalin View Post

Niche, what is niche?
    Nice write up. Much appreciated.

I want more info on that awesome looking (what I assume to be) orange bike. How bout some pics of that? That thing good on the trails?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast