Effectiveness of loft insulation below CCF pad.

I was wondering if a loft heat trapping type of insulation like a down coat, clothes etc would do any good below a CCF pad? In my case 4" or so of loft diy air mattress made from crumpled survival blankets something like this, but shaped for a hammock with a tie off at the feet to trap air.
    http://www.mec.ca/product/5028-797/b...-sleeping-bag/

I'm not sure how much heat would penetrate through the CCF pad to heat the dead airspace below?
    Maybe I would have to toss a few hand warmers in the loft insulation section to artificially heat from below the pad?

Would having the pad below the loft insulation be better?
    Right now my usual set up is with an undercover attached to my double bottom hammock. Pad goes between layers, loft insulation goes between undercover and bottom layer.

New to the CCF pad thing and doing overnights in temperatures at around 3-8 degrees Celcius.

Any experienced input would be great thanks.

Hammock
    DIY w/ Net
    Tarp
    DIY 11'x10' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies + TS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by werkinit View Post
    I'm not sure how much heat would penetrate through the CCF pad to heat the dead airspace below?
    This isn't how insulation works. Insulation prevents heat from moving through it (it's a resistance). The more you have, the more resistance there is. The insulation value doesn't depend on heat "getting to" the insulation.

The biggest issue with this set up is the pad causing gaps between the hammock and the under insulation, which means the insulation isn't in the stack anymore. But if you can get everything hung right, it will work fine.

Please note, because its not clear you understand this form your post, but any "lofted insulation" needs to be under the hammock. If you're directly laying on it you'll be compressing it and it wont work. It needs to be able to loft.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    This isn't how insulation works. Insulation prevents heat from moving through it (it's a resistance). The more you have, the more resistance there is. The insulation value doesn't depend on heat "getting to" the insulation.

The biggest issue with this set up is the pad causing gaps between the hammock and the under insulation, which means the insulation isn't in the stack anymore. But if you can get everything hung right, it will work fine.

Please note, because its not clear you understand this form your post, but any "lofted insulation" needs to be under the hammock. If you're directly laying on it you'll be compressing it and it wont work. It needs to be able to loft.