DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies

Dutch's MakeYourGear.com Bowl Bags

I purchased several of the MakeYourGear.com Bowl Bags when I made my first (of many to come) order from Dutch's new DIY website.

From the site: "This is a special high temperature, food safe bag designed by Make Your Gear. It is made to open up like a bowl and has a low profile so you don't need that extra long spoon. The 6 inch gusset on the bottom allows the bag to open wide and we have removed all the hard corners so it's easy to mix. This is designed to pour boiling water in to and cook your food directly in the bag. This is a ziplock style bag and heat sealable with a tear strip added for convenience."

The bags are stout, as thick as or maybe a little thicker than a standard freezer storage bag. With the gusseted bottom, the bags are stable on a flat surface. We used them on our last one night outing. For my evening meal, I made a Knorr's rice side meal and added a foil pack of Tyson's chicken. I poured the Knorr's into my Bowl Bag, boiled my water and added it, and sealed it using the zip-top enclosure. I didn't have a coozie yet so I placed my meal inside my cookware's "sink" to rehydrate (GSI Halulite Dualist).

The Bowl Bag performed superbly. It was also easy to eat out of the bag because of the shape and gusseted bottom. The next morning, using a fresh bag because we didn't feel like cleaning dishes hehe, I made my oatmeal the same way.

My wife prepared her meals in the Bowl Bags as well and was satisfied with their performance.

On an extended trip where weight matters, I will carry one bag and re-use it for my hot meals, cleaning it between uses. A great lightweight alternative to plastic bowls and the like and very packable, and saves your cookware from icky messes.

I'm sure the Bowl Bag Bivys on the website work great, but I'm thinking a cheaper DIY version with Reflectix.

When we got home I washed out the bags and plan on using them over and over- I'm sure there will be a limit but they are very sturdy for what they are, and a bargain at $0.60 each. Dutch scores again!

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    LocoLibre Habanero
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    I ordered a dozen of 'em yesterday.
    I'm a newbie and don't know much of anything. You'd be wise to disregard anything I have to say. --sqidmark

Hammock
    Diy hh clone 70d taslan
    Tarp
    Wb Mamajamba
    Insulation
    snugpak underblank
    Suspension
    whoopies straps ms
    Images
    If you search on YouTube sarge did an extended test on the bag bowls with very positive results. Multiple uses with no failure, no staining, and no left over smells or flavors. Also discovered the coozy is not necessary to rehydrate meals. Looks like a good deal to me and my next order will definitely include some bowl bags.

Hammock
    Thunderbird BB XLC- Bridge-NX -250
    Tarp
    Squidbilly custom
    Insulation
    Diy/UGQ/Speer
    Suspension
    Readystrap/buckles
    Images
    Just grabbed a few to check them out, if they work as well as everyone claims then i'll grab a bunch and make some diy reflectix cozy's for them!, i like the idea of the rounded bottom..

Hammock
    GT Ultralight, Hammeck
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutch Bling
    As quoted from the site description; 'It is made to open up like a bowl and has a low profile so you don't need that extra long spoon. '

I wouldn't throw out the long spoon just yet. The bowl bag holds a lot of food and I found my long spoon to be just right for the task. Great product.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtngeronimo View Post
    As quoted from the site description; 'It is made to open up like a bowl and has a low profile so you don't need that extra long spoon. '

I wouldn't throw out the long spoon just yet. The bowl bag holds a lot of food and I found my long spoon to be just right for the task. Great product.
    You might not need an EXTRA long spoon, but at least one long spoon comes in handy =)

Hammock
    GT Ultralight, Hammeck
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutch Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    You might not need an EXTRA long spoon, but at least one long spoon comes in handy =)
    Hahaha, you are quite right.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    Cloud Burst
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This seems like an awesome new product! Thank you for the review!

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by kev138 View Post
    If you search on YouTube sarge did an extended test on the bag bowls with very positive results. Multiple uses with no failure, no staining, and no left over smells or flavors. Also discovered the coozy is not necessary to rehydrate meals. Looks like a good deal to me and my next order will definitely include some bowl bags.
    The coozy may not be necessary to rehydrate, but it does make a cool potholder for the hot bag, lol.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.