Hello,
I'm not a new hammock hanger but I've recently changed gear and introduced my family to hammock camping. This has left me asking and answering a lot of questions. I've trolled through the forums for a few years now and decided I might as well join up and participate in the community.
My brothers introduced me to hammock hanging in 2008 when I returned from Afghanistan. I bought a Hammock Bliss, tree huggers, and a tarp. My oldest brother walked me through how to set it up and we went on several trips together with the hammocks. I was sold on hammock camping after my first night and went on to take my hammock with me on several other deployments.
So fast forward to the past week. My wife had bugged me enough to commit to a Memorial Day weekend camping trip. I reluctantly packed the tent and other gear. After the first night of sleeping on the ground my wife woke up sore and tired asking me to tell her about hammock camping lol. After we suffered through the weekend we got home and ordered two Hennessy Hammocks. I am giving my Bliss to my daughter. So now I've been rewatching Shug's videos and making my wife watch them. She really enjoys them too so there isn't much "making" her watch them LOL.

I share my adventures and passions on instagram - @bravo1resq if you're interested in following me.

Thank you all for the information so far - it's kept me warm, dry, comfy and fed :-)

-B1R