Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20º Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images

Hello Again!

Hard to believe I Joined this site back in 2012. Time flies. I did not post much back then because of the lack of knowledge. I had big plans on hiking and camping in my hammock but life got in the way. I was always telling my wife and kids we would do the hammock thing soon, but sadly that really never happened. I bought an ENO double nest back then and a couple Hammocks off of woot cheap, decked them out with Whoopy slings but never seemed to find the time to even do one over nighter in them. Granted, I did do a lot of afternoon naps in the ENO.

I have had some life altering events happen in the last year. I lost my closest friend and brother-in-law to a massive heart attack at the age of 45. I learned a valuable lesson from that tragedy, There is no promise of a tomorrow, live life to the fullest today.

So I have decided to go head-first back into getting my hiking gear and hammock camping gear in order.

I could never really get comfy in my ENO. So I decided to hand that down to my wife who thinks its perfect for her. After many sleepless nights reading this forum I pulled the trigger last week and purchased an 11' netless 1.6 Hexon Hammock for Dutch with some Dutch bling to go along with it. I also purchased a Superfly to keep me out of the elements. A TQ and UQ are next in-line and then do it all again for he wife, then the kids. Lucky to help ease the burden on my wallet my 18 yr old son wants to purchase some stuff on his own (a working man now).

I hope to make it to a group hang this year if some one will have me. Thanks for reading and remember life is short live large!!

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site, I have learned a lot and hope to be able to pay if forward as a contributing member of Hammock Forums.

Carl

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Welcome back Carl. Life moves fast and we all have to remind ourselves to slow down once in a while. Good thing you noticed before too long.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Welcome back. Sounds like you've got a good start on things. Get out there as you now know there's no guarantee of tomorrow. Have fun and keep us posted on your adventures.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    Welcome back. Similar thing...life changing event makes you evaluate what's important. Great to hear your spending time with your wife and kids. I have 4 kids and hammocking is a great family activity. You can all be doing the same thing (hammocking) but each member of the family can do their own thing with so many variables..type hammock, suspension, color, net, no bug net...etc...

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Welcome back. It's times like this that make you love your family even more.

No doubt any group hang will have you. Also, start your own hang. It's amazing how many folks need that first post to make it happen for them as well. Then others will ask you if you will have them.

Good to have you back and get your son a trail name and have him on the forums as well.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Dutch 11' netless
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20º Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Thanks for the welcomes!
    There is no promise of a tomorrow, live life for today!
    Vialdo Design Studio My wife's graphic design and promotional products company, check her out!

• + New Posts