Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    that makes perfect sense, but I don't have the channels on the side. I have grosgrain tabs on the side like a snugfit.
    The concept is the same whether the quilt suspension is run through a channel or connected at the corners. Here are a few images that might clarify it some more. Sorry about the confusion. As a vender, the burden of clear communication is mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (104.5 KB, 61 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (70.9 KB, 63 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (92.6 KB, 59 views)
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    I don't see the difference.

The JRB suspension is larks-headed around the SMC ring on my whoopie sling then it's wrapped around the whipping of the hammock where it hangs and I attached the grosgrain tabs on the ends of the hammock.

The only difference I see is that I haven't cut the excess shock cord off. The package you sent with the shock cord and cord locks had two pieces of smaller diameter shock cord. I figured those were for the end channels. Then there was one larger diameter piece of shock cord. I couldn't figure out what this was for.

Maybe I need to wake up from my nap a bit more. I don't want my comments to come across as a negative criticism of the UQ because I'm very happy with it and have no negative feelings about it at all, but I want to make sure I have it set up correctly and am using it as it was intended before I give an accurate review.
    Last edited by trigger hurt; 12-13-2009 at 15:38.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    The only difference I see is that I haven't cut the excess shock cord off.
    That is true. There is some extra cord to cut off but that is not the only difference. Compare your cinched up end with the one of the attached picture. The suspension of your underquilt is just fine the way it is now I think. It might need to be a little tighter though. I am mostly just focusing on how you are cinching up the end.

The package you sent with the shock cord and cord locks had two pieces of smaller diameter shock cord. I figured those were for the end channels. Then there was one larger diameter piece of shock cord. I couldn't figure out what this was for.
    I sent the extra thicker diameter cord for you to use on the grosgrain tab that in the middle of the short side. It is just there as an added piece to pull the center of the quilt up a little more. There were a few extra cord locks and hooks for you to mess around with but they did not really serve a purpose. Sorry for the confusion there.

I don't want my comments to come across as a negative criticism of the UQ because I'm very happy with it and have no negative feelings about it at all, but I want to make sure I have it set up correctly and am using it as it was intended before I give an accurate review.
    I appreciate that comment. Thank you. However, if I could not get my new gear to work the way it is suposed to, I would indeed have negative feelings until I got it all straightened out. It is not fun at all to depend on your gear in the field and it NOT perform.

Compare these two photos to see how the end is supposed to look. If it is not clicking, no worries. Send it back on my dime and I will finish what should have been done here in the first place my friend.

Stormcrow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    i'll give it another shot in the near future and take a picture to see if I've got it fixed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12