Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Ya I got mine on woot when they had the hammock stuff there. Wish I would have bought the under quilt too. Would have been a nice cheap option for warmth. I have a sewing machine, it's an old singer but have no clue how to use it. Polly gonna look into doing something here soon in the diy secrion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube

Hammock
    DIY 11'
    Tarp
    MWG Monster
    Insulation
    AHE UQ/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    various types
    Welcome, As an IT Guy who grew up in the east hills of Pittsburgh I can totally understand your situation. In fact I recently had a shoulder injury and started sleeping in my hammock on my back porch. I really find it more comfortable. There are some great hiking and camping opportunities in these wonderful state parks we have in Western PA, and it sounds like you are going to get some great outdoor therapy from them.

While I'm not a gear expert, I just upgraded from that same Yukon rain fly to a Mountain Wilderness Gear Monster tarp with doors. I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival to test it out in the back yard. My issue with the Yukon fly was rain and wind getting in underneath the tarp. It's still a good tarp when I need something small or just in case a shower starts up.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and good luck. Maybe I'll see you around at one of the parks sometime.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome from north of you! Northern Mercer county. Good job on the getting off the 'puter and the couch and active. If you went with cinch buckles you wouldn't have to change anything once you got the XLC. They would handle your weight.. Not trying to talk you out of the 1/8 amsteel you want but It sounds like you can't get those or that size as an option. The straps and buckle system is nice. Just saying.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Hey there, welcome! I'm not from Western PA but I do traffic reports on pretty much every Iheartmedia radio station in the Pittsburgh area.....n'at......... so I feel like I'm your neighbor, almost..... I Spend a lot of time in raccoon creek! I lost a ton of weight when I started hiking, too...... keep going! Seeya DahnTahn!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouter811 View Post
    Welcome, As an IT Guy who grew up in the east hills of Pittsburgh I can totally understand your situation. In fact I recently had a shoulder injury and started sleeping in my hammock on my back porch. I really find it more comfortable. There are some great hiking and camping opportunities in these wonderful state parks we have in Western PA, and it sounds like you are going to get some great outdoor therapy from them.

While I'm not a gear expert, I just upgraded from that same Yukon rain fly to a Mountain Wilderness Gear Monster tarp with doors. I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival to test it out in the back yard. My issue with the Yukon fly was rain and wind getting in underneath the tarp. It's still a good tarp when I need something small or just in case a shower starts up.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and good luck. Maybe I'll see you around at one of the parks sometime.
    Awesome man! Let me know how you like your new tarp.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    Welcome from north of you! Northern Mercer county. Good job on the getting off the 'puter and the couch and active. If you went with cinch buckles you wouldn't have to change anything once you got the XLC. They would handle your weight.. Not trying to talk you out of the 1/8 amsteel you want but It sounds like you can't get those or that size as an option. The straps and buckle system is nice. Just saying.
    Changed it up and ended up going with a Dream Hammock 11' Sparrow DL. I did get the 1/8 Amsteel in both whoopie slings and ridgeline with 10' 3000 lbs tree huggers. 7 week wait and I'm pretty excited!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    Hey there, welcome! I'm not from Western PA but I do traffic reports on pretty much every Iheartmedia radio station in the Pittsburgh area.....n'at......... so I feel like I'm your neighbor, almost..... I Spend a lot of time in raccoon creek! I lost a ton of weight when I started hiking, too...... keep going! Seeya DahnTahn!
    LOL I love it! Yinz gaiz don no how we do things in DaBurgh, LOL Gonna head on dahn ta pants n'at to check aht the new Donnie Iris CD.

Hammock
    DIY 11'
    Tarp
    MWG Monster
    Insulation
    AHE UQ/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    various types
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebreth View Post
    LOL I love it! Yinz gaiz don no how we do things in DaBurgh, LOL Gonna head on dahn ta pants n'at to check aht the new Donnie Iris CD.
    The best part of that is that I read it in Jim Kren's thick accent.

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Welcome! The wife and I are new to all this as well, but we've been out to Raccoon Creek a few times this year and just love it.

I'll also echo Pennsy's invite to the Minister Creek hang in July... Looks like it's shaping up to be a great weekend.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by jcksparow View Post
    Welcome! The wife and I are new to all this as well, but we've been out to Raccoon Creek a few times this year and just love it.

I'll also echo Pennsy's invite to the Minister Creek hang in July... Looks like it's shaping up to be a great weekend.
    I'm trying to get my schedule together so I can attend the Hang, Just ordered a new hammock & Tarp as well. Not sure if it will be here by then but I can always bring my tent.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast