Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

new Warbonnet Ridgerunner arrival and setup! YEA! oh and SuperFly

I was so excited to get this package in yesterday and BIG THANKS to Warbonnet for getting it to me before my backpacking trip this weekend! Imaging having to go on a trip knowing that your package is sitting on your rear doorstep????? Total time from placing the order to receiving it was 1 day short of two weeks. Great job! Now i get to show it off to my buddies.

I had rememorized the techniques to make shock cord tensioners for the tarp so i was able to knock those out in a few minutes without even having to refer back to the thread.

One thing i'm not sure about is going around a large tree...i didn't have enough room to use a marlin spike hitch so i tied a becket hitch. Not sure how i feel about that. The whoopie is set up different than my Dutch hammock whoopies in that i am dealing with a long loop essentially two cords versus 1 cord with a small loop at the end. Maybe i'm missing something. I didn't have much time to get this thing set up before dark last night.

20160608_184801.jpg20160608_184852.jpg20160608_184918.jpg20160608_184922.jpg20160608_184931.jpg20160608_190159.jpg20160608_194801.jpg20160608_195529.jpg20160608_195628.jpg20160608_195709.jpg20160608_195848.jpg
    Last edited by TiedUp; 06-09-2016 at 07:43.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Wish I could help you but I choose to go with the webbing and buckle for ease of use. Report back on how you like your setup after your trip. Where are you going on your trip?

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'm going to a section of the Cumberland Trail where there is a nice cool pool of water right beside the campsite to swim in but I can't tell you exactly because I don't want anyone to know about it (selfishly)

Cumberlandtrail.org

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    TiedUp, the Ridgerunner is a beautiful hammock. Good choice!

I look for trees about 15' apart when I hang mine. Looks like your trees above are farther apart than that. When the trees are pretty far apart, then the suspension stretches and sags more than you want (maybe whoopies stretch more than webbing; not sure). Anyway, in that case the hammock can feel like its hung too loose.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    It looks like it is tipping quite a bit to the left. Mine did the same thing when I received it, and it turned out that the dogbones on the head end were different lengths, which resulted in an awkward hang. Not sure if that is the case with yours, but you may want to check that out.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MeAndMyBeans View Post
    It looks like it is tipping quite a bit to the left. Mine did the same thing when I received it, and it turned out that the dogbones on the head end were different lengths, which resulted in an awkward hang. Not sure if that is the case with yours, but you may want to check that out.
    I believe it was blowing around a little in the breeze and sometimes my wife would lay off-center and it did that.

Please tell me what a "dog bone" is and I'll check it out! That term went right over my head!

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by TiedUp View Post
    I believe it was blowing around a little in the breeze and sometimes my wife would lay off-center and it did that.

Please tell me what a "dog bone" is and I'll check it out! That term went right over my head!
    The dogbones are the Amsteel lines running from where your spreader bars are connected, to your suspension. The thin grey line.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiedUp View Post
    I'm going to a section of the Cumberland Trail where there is a nice cool pool of water right beside the campsite to swim in but I can't tell you exactly because I don't want anyone to know about it (selfishly)

Cumberlandtrail.org
    I'm jealous. You need to let me in on your secrete as I'm out of places to hike due to the dry hot conditions with little water available. I did a small section of the Cumberland trail just outside of Chattanooga last fall and loved it.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I'm jealous. You need to let me in on your secrete as I'm out of places to hike due to the dry hot conditions with little water available. I did a small section of the Cumberland trail just outside of Chattanooga last fall and loved it.
    I'll post some pictures or video of the trail when I get back. It's a very nice trail and only seen I've seen 2 people day hiking out of 2 trips there...actually I saw both them on 1hike and the other hike I didn't see anyone. Very nice little gorge and river/creek/stream running through it and the water is cold. Should feel GOOD this weekend in the mid 90's!
    There is a really cool cave-like overhang that can be found if wander off-trail from the campsite area. It's an amazing place. I'll post a picture of it to further your suspense!

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    We may be getting off-track here...so i'll add that i want to see if there is enough space to hang this WBRR here...

0a020.jpg0a012.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast