Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You people were right...Hammock camping is best camping!

So, about a week ago I found a hammock (Grand Trunk Nano) in my closet that the wife had bought me a couple of years ago and decided to give it a try. I ordered a suspension kit and bugnet from Dutchware and hung the hammock up in my yard.

It sucked. It rolled up around me like a tortilla wrap and was very uncomfortable. Most people here thought that the hammock was just too small for me.

Given that I had already dropped a decent amount of money on what I already bought, I decided to double down on the experiment and ordered a hammock from Dutchware on Tuesday night.

To my surprise, it was sitting in my mailbox on yesterday morning.....just in time for a hike I have been planning for a few weeks.

I took the hammock, bug net, a Kelty Noah 9 tarp, and hung everything up once we made it to camp last night.

Oh my goodness.....what a difference between sleeping on the ground and sleeping in a hammock. Complete night and day difference. My only complaint was that it got down to about 65 degrees and I was a little bit cold...not freezing or anything, but just a bit uncomfortable. Once I get an underquilt figured out and rigged up, I'll be golden.

Hammock
    black bird or sparrow
    Tarp
    superfly, toxaway
    Insulation
    Revelation x
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Welcome to the club. If you are already talking underquilt, there's no going back now, don't try. You can't escape it , just embrace it.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Welcome to the bark side
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

You got it. Just know that you still have not achieved total "Bliss" sleeping yet. You won't until you stay warm. Then, it's lights out like never before.

Seriously, I hear of stories where people listen to things outside their hammock in the woods. I might a few minutes before I fall asleep. However, a polar bear could be sniffing my feet and I wouldn't wake up after I fal to sleep. It's like that. God Bless

Senior Member ChucksOrangeDream's Avatar
    Hammock
    HickoryNut Hammocks
    Tarp
    Winter Dream by UG
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Webbing & Whoopies
    Fun stuff! You will have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RackOps View Post
    So, about a week ago I found a hammock (Grand Trunk Nano) in my closet that the wife had bought me a couple of years ago and decided to give it a try. I ordered a suspension kit and bugnet from Dutchware and hung the hammock up in my yard.

It sucked. It rolled up around me like a tortilla wrap and was very uncomfortable. Most people here thought that the hammock was just too small for me.

Given that I had already dropped a decent amount of money on what I already bought, I decided to double down on the experiment and ordered a hammock from Dutchware on Tuesday night.

To my surprise, it was sitting in my mailbox on yesterday morning.....just in time for a hike I have been planning for a few weeks.

I took the hammock, bug net, a Kelty Noah 9 tarp, and hung everything up once we made it to camp last night.

Oh my goodness.....what a difference between sleeping on the ground and sleeping in a hammock. Complete night and day difference. My only complaint was that it got down to about 65 degrees and I was a little bit cold...not freezing or anything, but just a bit uncomfortable. Once I get an underquilt figured out and rigged up, I'll be golden.
    And that's all it takes to get hooked, Congrats on finding the better way to camp, your back will apreciate it greatly.

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Awesome to hear you had a good time. Show us some pictures if you took any.

I love my Dutchware hammock, mines a 1.6 Hexon in Black.

2 weeks ago I slept about 11 hours straight in it. I had been on 13 hour night shifts for a week, and then had been flipping between nights and days for a week. My sleep was all kinds of messed up. Sometimes after a bad stretch of work like that a night in the woods helps me reset. At 7am my cousin who was camping with me packed up, never heard him leave. Woke up at 9am by myself feeling pretty refreshed.

Every day is a good day.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    It's great when that light bulb goes on. Have fun!
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Insulation
    Diy oq, uq, apex
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Lol. We just got off the npt. My girl and I slept in hammocks and our hiking partners slept 2 in a tent. He came over in the am blowing smoke about "boy it took you longer to set up that hammock" I laughed .nxt morning he said( as I was still sleeping) well how did ya sleep in that hammock after all that set up? ) I said well your up and I'm still sleeping so I would say it was good. He then said ya I barley felt any roots. Which translates into ..... It sucked cause I was on roots all night. Lol.

Hammock
    ENO single
    Tarp
    Eno ProFly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix and War
    Suspension
    Atlas straps
    That is great! Prepare to spend more time in the woods now that you have a comfortable method of doing so! My time on the trail sky rocketed after I discovered hammock camping!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast