Hammock
    TBH 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Suspension
    Whoopies

RSBTR Hex12 Tarp

I've been looking to save some money as I have a low budget (~$200 for a tarp and an under quilt) and noticed the Hex12 kit at RSBTR. The instructions seem clear enough, but would you recommend it for someone who hasn't sewn anything ever? I really don't want to waste my money on a good deal and then screwing up the material, so I'd love to hear all of your recommendations for me.

Hammock
    11' hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    10x12 xenon
    Insulation
    Pad & Quilt
    Tarps can be hard if you're a beginner. If you're timid on messing up, it might be smart to buy fabric remnants from the vendors. You can get a cheap couple yards of material and can try sewing. If you mess up, it won't matter. Ripstopbytheroll also carries small kits like a pack cover, beginner diy kit that you can buy for cheap and try to turn into a practical result without much worry. If it still seems intimidating, you can probably buy a secondhand tarp/under quilt on this forum to try to keep the cost low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Netty
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/ Burrow
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

RSBTR Hex12 Tarp

I wanted to try a tarp for my first project so I bought plenty of extra material and made probably 3 or 4 stuff sacks first. The material is a bit tricky to work with at first but I was pretty successful. I watched a tarp video Fronkey put out about 15 times and then went for it. Some of the stitching isn't the prettiest(highlighted by my contrasting thread) but it has served me well for sure and I'm pretty proud of it. I am now on to making hammocks. Like mentioned above buy some scraps, a smaller project kit or extra material and give it a try or you'll never know if the DIY route is right for you. Also I think I read if you go with a silpoly instead of nylon it may be possible to skip the cat cuts and make the job that much easier. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts