Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield (5
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle strap
    Images

Tarp rigging when weight is not a concern

We Kayak camp exclusively, so weight is not as much of a concern compared to backpacking.
    We have 4 Hennessy hammocks, I have converted from the provided Explorer tarp to a separate 70D hex fly.
    Having been faced with setting up in the rain before, I am going to separate tarp style set up.

Typically I am setting up camp with 2-3 kids and me (14-16 Y.O.) so it needs to be somewhat simple/fool proof/secure.
    I was thinking for the ridge having 2 lengths of cord (~8' long) with a small loop on one end, The looped end would wrap around the tree and the cord passed through the loop to secure each cord to the opposite trees. I would have a small metal "Figure 9" pre tied to each ridge tie-out with a 1' piece of shock cord. Then it would be just a matter of attaching each cord to the "cleat" of each figure-9.

For the 4 tie outs, there are times I pin the tie-outs close to the ground only using about 1' of the line, other time tied to a tree, etc.
    Once again, I was thinking about "pre fastening" small figure-9's to each tent stake with a short piece of shock cord. Each tarp tie-out would have a length of cord pre-attached. Drive the tent stake, then connect the tie-out cord to the figure-9 at the stake.

Does anyone have any other ideas that may make setup easier or more secure?
    As for ridge cord and tie-out cord,, I don't need the "thread thin" super line,, but would like reflective, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Slack

Tarp rigging when weight is not a concern

I'll tell you what I use. I find it pretty fool proof. I have a small S-biner clipped to either end of my tarp Ridgeline. I have 35 feet of zing it for my Ridgeline. One end I have a small fixed eye spliced into it. Wrap around the tree and clip back to the biner. The other end it wraps around the tree then had a continuous loop prussic knotted onto the line. That I clip onto the other biner then tighten as needed. This is advantageous cause you can slide the whole tarp back and forth to make sure coverage is even.

As for tie outs. 2 are 6 feet of zing it larks headed (I spliced fixed eyes into one end of all of them) to the tie outs. And the other 2 are 10 feet (in case of porch mode). Normally I run them to the stake, back up to the loop that is larks headed and then tie a slippery half hitch. It's super adjustable and comes down easy as anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    I use a separate line on either end. Nite Ize cam jam connected to tarp, small S biner on end of line. Wrap line around tree, clip to itself with biner, adjust length with cam jam. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts