DIY - HyperD or Bridge
    Tarp
    Sil-Poly CCH
    Insulation
    Work in progress
    Suspension
    Dutch/Harbor Freig

First DIY project complete...or is it?

After meddling around with my first DIY hammock project for a while now, I finally have something to show you. However it would not have been possible without some help.

Credit where credit is due - I therefore would like to give a huge shout out to Mr. Clean and FJRPilot for suggestions and instructions regarding the suspension system, the all-present Dutch for his bling as well as Rick from Cave Creek Hammock here in AZ who was able to retrofit my simple hammock and turn my idea into a reality.

I now have an oversized hammock with side tie-outs, removable bugnet and integrated bugnet sack suspended by an ENO inspired lightweight UCR with a matching 12’ ultralight olive drab sil-poly tarp with doors from CCH.

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

I already took the newest addition to my camping gear onto a rafting trip in Utah and it passed with flying colors. I didn’t need to bring the tarp …the weather was very kind to us.

IMG_0136.jpg

I think I am done for now, but somehow a voice in the back of my head keeps whispering “double layer”…“Underquilt”…”Tarp mod”….

Everything looks great and I like the colors. Where did you get the "Made in the USA" tags? Nice touch.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY Multicam /DIY Argon1.6
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTall View Post
    After meddling around with my first DIY hammock project for a while now, I finally have something to show you. However it would not have been possible without some help.

Credit where credit is due - I therefore would like to give a huge shout out to Mr. Clean and FJRPilot for suggestions and instructions regarding the suspension system, the all-present Dutch for his bling as well as Rick from Cave Creek Hammock here in AZ who was able to retrofit my simple hammock and turn my idea into a reality.

I now have an oversized hammock with side tie-outs, removable bugnet and integrated bugnet sack suspended by an ENO inspired lightweight UCR with a matching 12’ ultralight olive drab sil-poly tarp with doors from CCH.

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

I already took the newest addition to my camping gear onto a rafting trip in Utah and it passed with flying colors. I didn’t need to bring the tarp …the weather was very kind to us.

IMG_0136.jpg

I think I am done for now, but somehow a voice in the back of my head keeps whispering “double layer”…“Underquilt”…”Tarp mod”….
    Lookin good TooTall!(the name fits btw!) Had a blast working with you, hope to see you at some future AZ hangs!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    OzTrail???
    Insulation
    Tentsile sky pad
    Suspension
    DIY single line
    That's nice work.

Well done and thanks for sharing

Hammock
    DIY HyperD Ripstop
    Tarp
    Silpoly 12' Hex
    Insulation
    LLG 30 Deg PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    This is all really impressive! (Coming from someone whose first DIY piece was a sad, crooked little stuffsack) I really like the integrated bugnet stuffsack idea, hadn't seen that before.

Hammock
    DIY - HyperD or Bridge
    Tarp
    Sil-Poly CCH
    Insulation
    Work in progress
    Suspension
    Dutch/Harbor Freig
    Owlbear - my very first DIY project was a fronkey wallimart bugnet for my son's hammock. I was only able to do 1/2 of what you see here. Rick and his steady hands/threat injector did the rest. He also had the idea with the bugnet sack. - I like it, it double functions as a misc. stuff sack when I am in the hammock.

Hammock
    DIY - HyperD or Bridge
    Tarp
    Sil-Poly CCH
    Insulation
    Work in progress
    Suspension
    Dutch/Harbor Freig
    The "made in USA" signs come from Rick and came with the stuff sacks. My old stuff sacks were too small when we were done with the mods.

Hammock
    DIY Multicam /DIY Argon1.6
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I really enjoyed the project.
    To continue the spirit of credit where credit is due, I can't take credit for the idea of a stuffsack for the net. Pretty sure other hammock makers offer that also. I believe I first saw it in my DIY days in an Xtrekker video. For the labels, check out Wunderlabel.com. I think you can order them in minimum quantity of 50

• + New Posts