Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    I have the mesh lazy slug by Wilderness Logic (http://www.wildernesslogics.com/THE-...-Lazy-Slug.htm). I think it's awesome and it has it's place. The slug can fit my hammock, UQ, TQ, and Fronkey bug net. It weighs ~4.5 oz. Add up your stuff sacks for your hammock, UQ, TQ, and bug net to compare the difference in weight. For simplicity, you can't beat the slug and I think it's worth the money.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 DBL w/winter cover
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Looks interesting. Keeps everything neet and ready to go. I might try it.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    I use pantyhose, the full bottom kind. Just sew two seems from the waist to the crouch then cut in between the seems. They are much tuffer then loofas and streach enough to be used as just a hammock skin or a slug to hold TQ,UQ.
    What size do you suggest?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
    Long!!
    A lot of hammocks are 11' long, not many women I know have legs that are 5 1/2 foot long (more's the pity).

--
    Gadget

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    I have a L size LST. I think its awesome for car camping. Saves time no doubt. I also like being able to use the two covers as bags for storing stuff on my suspension. You can fit A LOT in there.

I am still on the fence on if I like it for backpacking. From my personal experience....it can be a little ungainly to move around and hang when its full. Packing a fully loaded slug into a pack can be a pain. I keep tons of stuff in my slug: Hammock, UQ, UQP, TQ, Pillow, extra pair of socks, beanie and my hammock lantern stays in the hammock as well. I could fit so much ore in there too. Its big! For me, I have ALWAYS compartmentalized my kit into my pack. I like everything in its own stuff sack and compartment. It is taking some getting used to to just stuff this big HUGE blob into the bowels of my pack so I can pack my clothes, cook kit, etc on top. I am leaning toward just using the LST for car camping but YMMV.

I am glad I picked up a set. They are great for car camping. Grab and go. But for backpacking the jury is still out for me. Give em a try and let us know what you think!
    Last edited by Burg54; 07-27-2016 at 10:47.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    I put mine in a dry bag in the winter and just stuff it it the sleeping bag compartment of my backpack when it's dry out.
    Carrico, what size of dry bag is it?
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
    The biggest ones you can get. Also make sure they're the ones that go all the way up to the hip I forget the name for them some female terminology I'm not familiar with;<)
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    A cheap 55 liter one I had laying around although this is way too big but it's silnylon so it packs down pretty good
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Happen to be out in the backyard testing out my new Superfly so I thought I'd take some pictures of the slug. So that's with a top quilt under quilt Dutch winter sock my three ounce down pillow and my klymit pillow X. Been using the same pantyhose for about a year now although they are starting to run a little bit, so I'm going to have to change them out petty soon wouldn't want to be caught in the woods with a runny pair of hose;<)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow #4280
    Insulation
    LocoLibreGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies w spiders
    I am looking at getting a couple of pairs but wonder are the mesh versions a good option for backpacking? I am about to order a pair of quilts and wonder if the large or small version would suit me better? I guess the ability to see the hammock within a mesh slug is very useful, but is the fact that the sil-nylon versions are water proof a better option?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast