Hammock
    DblW Hexon/Chameleon/Half-Wit/NX270
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps w/BeetleBuk
    Agreed. I do believe there have been a few that have used the 250, which is essentially the same hammock. Though that seems as silly as hammock camping the PCT, which at least one person has done.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    To the OP, theres a reason most folks who buy a clark have such fierce brand loyalty. Simply put, we who own them feel they are a superior product. I have a NX 250, predecessor to the NX 270, and build quality, workmanship, and comfort of my rig are second to none...and I have hammocks from 2 other well respected vendors. There nice but they aren't...a Clark.
    Also, noticed you asked about the NX 270 right off the bat...have you considered the other models in the Clark lineup? I'll be going up to Shenandoah NP this summer and I'll be taking my Tracelite with me. I didn't see much of anything about this hanmock on HF before I bought it last summer but I was hoping the quality of lay in my NX 250 would be transferred to a smaller and lighter model. And I found that it did.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    One thing worth noting: this was the OP's first post ever on HF. I know that Clark owners are loyal, but that's what caught my eye. The OP probably doesn't even own a hammock yet, but was considering a Clark for an AT Thru hike. I searched the Internet and HF, and can't find anyone who ever did a thru hike in an NX-270.

It's one thing to be fiercely brand-loyal, but you have to look at the context of the OP's question.
    Yet 1000+ hike the AT with tents that weigh just as much, if not more, than the Clark NX-270. There is a reason Clark owners are loyal to their hammocks...they're great! But if some forum users are dead set against Clark hammocks there's little I can do to change their mind.

Oh...and the original OP asked if anyone was using a Clark NX-270 and was it worth the price. Simple answer...yes and yes.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Oh yeah and BTW, I think that the peeps on here who repeat the mantra 'Clarks are way too heavy and expensive and...' over and over again are really Mr Clark using a pseudonym, knowing the pushback he'll get from his customers. Great marketing!!!!!

Just kidding...I think

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird 11ft
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bartdelatte View Post

I suspect that if you ask people that have successfully through hiked the AT (those that are doing 20 miles a day, every day, for months at a time) their answer may be different than if you ask in a Clark forum. I'd recommend you do that.
    I think this is a key point. I owned an NX 250 for a time. It has pros and cons. If you are buying a hammock with the intention of using it on the AT, I would say it is not worth it. However, It is a solid all-around hammock. If you are looking to buy a well made hammock that will suit many different types of camping, it may very well be worth the cost.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I have 5 different hammocks and without a doubt the Clark is the most comfortable and go to. I think k it would definitely be my choice for a Thur hike, one simple reason if need be I can go to ground as a bivy is it worth the high dollar I would question. It is very well made second to none, unfortunately those under pockets are a joke. Other than to store equipment they really serve no purpose

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps w/BeetleBuk
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    I have 5 different hammocks and without a doubt the Clark is the most comfortable and go to. I think k it would definitely be my choice for a Thur hike, one simple reason if need be I can go to ground as a bivy is it worth the high dollar I would question. It is very well made second to none, unfortunately those under pockets are a joke. Other than to store equipment they really serve no purpose
    I think that is the purpose.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps w/BeetleBuk
    Quote Originally Posted by bartdelatte View Post
    I think that is the purpose.

Similarly, there's no purpose to the bug screen other than keeping bugs away.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird 11ft
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    I just counted and I currently have 7 hammocks. I have owned 12 or 13 different brands/styles/models of hammocks in my life, including DIY projects. In my experience, the Clark NX 250 that I owned was not the most comfortable for me. Off hand, the Warbonnet Ridgerunner and Dream Hammock Thunderbird both provide me a much better nights sleep. This is just my opinion but since the number of hammocks a person owns seems to make a difference, I just thought I would include that information.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps w/BeetleBuk
    Quote Originally Posted by nlgardner12 View Post
    I just counted and I currently have 7 hammocks. I have owned 12 or 13 different brands/styles/models of hammocks in my life, including DIY projects. In my experience, the Clark NX 250 that I owned was not the most comfortable for me. Off hand, the Warbonnet Ridgerunner and Dream Hammock Thunderbird both provide me a much better nights sleep. This is just my opinion but since the number of hammocks a person owns seems to make a difference, I just thought I would include that information.
    Interesting. I have 7 hammocks. The Clark is one of my favorites, but if I'm honest it's probably the second least comfortable. It just has to do with the design, which has many, many advantages but lends to sleeping like a banana because you can't asym lay.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast