Rock Island Wisconsin - Questions

Hey everyone,

I have a hammock camping / photo shoot trip out at Rock Island State Park, WI planned for in the fall.

Was wondering if any of you have checked out any of the remote sites and if so your thoughts on them?
    Also, if any of you's guys have pictures from your trips of the different sites I would love to see them!

Thanks
    Luke
    Luke - Hanging Between Two Pines

www.WIinFocus.com

It will be interesting to see what you get. I have been to Washington Island but not onto Rock Island, but I have always wanted to go.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG WB
    Images
    I have been there but a loooooong time ago. Beautiful and we stayed at a remote site. It was too long ago for digital pics. I would recommend the remote sites over the others.

I have heard only good things but the images online that I can find have not shown too much. Either way getting excited for the trip!

www.WIinFocus.com

Hammock
    DIY 10' gathered end
    Suspension
    DIY rap rings

Here are couple of pictures from our trip last year, I believe we stayed on site E. Plenty of trees to hang from. Even in the middle of the summer got cold at night. The remote sites are on the north of the island and I gets windy and noisy from the waves hitting the rocks. Nice place for hiking, we had an awesome time.

Quote Originally Posted by cienfuegos View Post

Here are couple of pictures from our trip last year, I believe we stayed on site E. Plenty of trees to hang from. Even in the middle of the summer got cold at night. The remote sites are on the north of the island and I gets windy and noisy from the waves hitting the rocks. Nice place for hiking, we had an awesome time.
    So far so good. Thank you for the pictures!

www.WIinFocus.com

Banned
    Hammock
    camo ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY BIGCamo winter
    Insulation
    Diy primalofts
    Suspension
    straps, spiders
    Remote sites are bomb. We hiked around the island in a day and found the cabin sight and the carvings. Bring fly tape for the back of your head. Dont be late for the fairy and dont split a 1.75 of captin morgan with your friend either cause the trip back can be rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsx-rboy750 View Post
    Remote sites are bomb. We hiked around the island in a day and found the cabin sight and the carvings. Bring fly tape for the back of your head. Dont be late for the fairy and dont split a 1.75 of captin morgan with your friend either cause the trip back can be rough.
    Good stuff, when were you last up there? Do you have any pics of your time up there? We're heading up in the fall so I'm hoping we don't have the bug/fly problem by then.

www.WIinFocus.com

Banned
    Hammock
    camo ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY BIGCamo winter
    Insulation
    Diy primalofts
    Suspension
    straps, spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by WIinFocus View Post
    Good stuff, when were you last up there? Do you have any pics of your time up there? We're heading up in the fall so I'm hoping we don't have the bug/fly problem by then.
    Probably 6-7 years ago. I have pics but on another computer. Door county is not really my thing but I was visiting friends. I wanna say it is a 7-8 mile walk around the island. Most of the carvings are on the exterior. If a old man greets you at the docks spend some time with him and unlock some secrets.
    Also if you look there is alot of Nazi theme Discretely.
    Did the owner donate the land?? Or was it taken by the Government due to other motives?? IE WW2 german U-boat base?

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I'm planning a trip with friends to Rock Island next year. They want an easy walk to beach site so unfortunately I can't do a remote site.

I'm struggling to pick a hammock friendly site because there aren't any pics on reserveamerica.com.

Any chance you have pictures of the other camping sites?
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

• + New Posts