Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images

JRB Large family of Quilts Sale.

The JRB Large Family of Quilts is on sale.... Up to $75 off... Sale ends NOON, Monday 21 Dec 09...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    switchback
    Hey Pan--
    What color does the Katahdin come in?
    Thanks

Images
    I may stand pretty much alone on this, but this is a good time to say it one more time. Recently there have been a number of posts about top quilts being too narrow, or getting drafts when you change positions, or having to wear extra clothes because the TQ is inadequate. The wide quilts are the solution, plus they are MUCH more versatile than their more narrow counterparts. O.K. From the start...they're heavier. For example, the Katahdin is about 9 oz heavier at 36oz than the Old Rag Mountain (long), but, it's about a foot wider. That's a foot of down quilt that may well take the place of another, heavier piece of sleeping insulation. If I were dedicated to shaving grams, I may be willing to "enjoy" getting a shot of cold air, or having to readjust every time I roll over. But for me, comfort in the hammock is what its all about. So, I vote for the wide top quilts. The Mt.Washington UQ's come with a loop sewn on the outer edge to correspond with the asym tieouts on a HH. I have sewn two additional loops on the sides of the Mt. Washington, one each opposite from the stock loop, then each pair is connected, loop to loop, across the ridge line by a light shock cord and held in place and adjusted with a cord lock. This holds the sides of the MT. Washington high and close. The extra width of the Wide Top Quilt fills the space between you and the Mt. Washington with a huge pile of draft stopping down. Now, if its really cold, the insulation in the Mt. Washington can be fluffed down toward the bottom of the quilt. The extra width of the wide TQ can be tucked in around your sides. Too hot???? Just stick out your leg, or foot, take off your hat, throw away the hot water bottle...cooling off is not a problem. Boys and Girls, the wide top quilts are pure heaven; they're like the Celtic angels on ETV singing warmth into your soul; they're the five-star choice; they're two thumbs up; they're where it's at; they're....well, I really like them. Got a coulple of them- a thick one and a thin one. I'd fight before I let either one get away. They're on sale at JRB.
    Last edited by DougTheElder; 12-18-2009 at 08:11.
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    M50 Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopie
    Images
    I'm really conflicted whether to get the mt rogers or the katahdin. I'm definatly not a warm sleeper but I'm not a cold sleeper either. The coldest I'm usually able to be convinced to go out in is 20 degreesish. The fact that the Katahdin is only 15$ more is making it so hard to consider getting the Rogers.

Anybody have any input or opinions on which would be better for me?

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grillmastertoo View Post
    Hey Pan--
    What color does the Katahdin come in?
    Thanks
    Grillmastertoo,

ALL JRB Quilts at are olive and black... Except the JRB Stealth, which is all black.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by DougTheElder View Post
    I may stand pretty much alone on this, but this is a good time to say it one more time. Recently there have been a number of posts about top quilts being too narrow, or getting drafts when you change positions, or having to wear extra clothes because the TQ is inadequate. The wide quilts are the solution, plus they are MUCH more versatile than their more narrow counterparts. ...

I've been using the 3 season Sierra Sniveler, and have to say that I very much appreciate the extra 4 inches in width. In the BMBH it stays tucked in when I turn. I have not yet used it in ground mode, and don't anticipate I will any time soon.

If the High Sierra Sniveler (4 season) existed at this time, I would have purchased it already with the recent sales!! Guess I'll have to wait until next year.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    switchback
    Hey Pan--
    If the site shows "out of stock" is the item still eligble for the sale price?
    Thanks

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Hey Pan--
    Thanks
    I sure hope so...I went ahead and placed my order, and paid for it.

I didn't see anything about the sale being limited to current inventory.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Hey Pan--
    Thanks
    Grillmastertoo, et al,

Yes, JRB runs its sales as advertised...Normally things are in stock and we can handle the sale surges... We got slammed on the Katahdin and will be a while before some orders are filled but the "Cart Button" is still hot, which means anyone can order them at the great sale price...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    M50 Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopie
    Images
    Well I just spent the most I've ever spent on a piece of gear, ever! Ordered a Katahdin at 11:50AM this morning. Yeah, I'm a bit of a procrastinator

Hopefully it will be truly Awesome

• + New Posts