Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bghiker View Post
    ... I went to a Dream Hammock 11' Roaming Gnome (which they no longer make..??) and I love it. It was like going from a Kia to a Lexus ;-) I have also added a Darien ultra light (which they also no longer make...) that I bought lightly used from another forum member since then and they are both super comfortable.

A "net only" DangerBird is a RoamingGnome!

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1coolturtle View Post
    Not sure on the lay for sure was thinking on right lay. The only hammock I have used and briefly was a eno. The eno was way to small as one would guess. Wanted the integrated bug net for the mosquitoes here in the midwest. Will have to re evaluate the SLD trail liar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    To further reinforce my case, this past weekend I put a friend, who loves his WBBB and BIAS Weight Weenie, in my SLD Streamliner........and he fell in love!! Ordered one this week. Up to that point he was in higher end hammocks, he just shelved those for a very inexpensive hammock.

Fronkey style bugnet, or a variation of, takes care of the mosquitoes quite nicely, and can be used on any hammock.

Hammock
    DH/DIY
    Insulation
    WB wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing/ Whoopie
    Hello. I was an owner of hennessy explorer hammock. I will say it is good and durable,specally for kids. Its easy to use, but Little bit on the heavy and pack size. The tarp is okay in the summer time. I do own a blackbird and a ridgerunner. Both are awsome. Im also waiting for a dream hammock dangerbird. If you are buying ha DH, you'll have to wait several weeks if you not buing it used. Warbonnet do have some in stock, and some blemished hammocks with 10-15$ off. You cant go wrong with warbonnet blackbird/XLC.

Images
    Get yourself over to Dutchware and grab a 11' single layer in Hexon 1.6 with all the trimmings (knotty mods/SRL/whoopies/tree strap), pair it with a Fronkey bugnet, for $159 you are all set. And nearly $40 cheaper than the Sparrow... that's nearly halfway towards an underquilt!
    And out of bug season, you'll have a better view... and a lighter pack.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetUK437 View Post
    Get yourself over to Dutchware and grab a 11' single layer in Hexon 1.6 with all the trimmings (knotty mods/SRL/whoopies/tree strap), pair it with a Fronkey bugnet, for $159 you are all set. And nearly $40 cheaper than the Sparrow... that's nearly halfway towards an underquilt!
    And out of bug season, you'll have a better view... and a lighter pack.
    That setup is hard to beat. The Fronkey bug net is the bees knees. Saved me from the bloodsuckers plenty of times.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Having used and owned all three brands (HH, DH and WB) I personally still prefer my Explorer UL with ZQ mod the most. That being said that particular hammock would probably not suit your size well. From what I remember of the HH safari is that it is freaking huge, almost too big.

If I were you I would get a Dream Hammock or a double layer Blackbird/Ridgerunner. See if anyone local to you will let you try one out and see what feels best for ya.. All three brands are well built though.
    My DIY Pulk Project
    http://www.landofrath.com/?p=573

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    the hennessey will be not enough for your not small frame. get the 11 footer with the kelty noahs 12, buy a 4 season UQ from AHE and get campin.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Well it will either be a SLD trail liar or a Dream sparrow. It'll probably depend funds I'm allowed to spend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12