Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Well..here we go kids...the temp was 28 degrees with no wind when i went to bed,this morning the temp dropped to 15 with the wing chill and the wind is about 10mph with gust about 20mph i would say
    last night I was nice and warm yes nice and warm...here are a few things
    that i learned last night
    1. the yeti can keep you warm at 15 degrees..for a 3 season UQ this thing rocked..no problems keeping the UQ under me at all.
    2.my fleece hood sucks lol...guess it's time to upgrade to a down one
    3. the footpad i made to fit inside the footbox of my TQ worked great...this pad will be known as The J Pad lol it moved around nice and stayed under my feet
    4. the cloths put in between the hammock layer worked out nice
    5. my hammock stand is not very good in the wind...no matter how i pitch the tarp it sags when i get in the hammock..i'm getting a better one soon...but for now i got to deal with it
    6.....there was alot of traffic on 61 all freaking night long...it would wake me up here and there...that and my neighbors coming home at 2:30 in the morning all drunk...that was funny to hear...i think the one fell

i would like to say that the WB Traveler is one nice hammock...i think in the woods i would have a good night sleep in this hammock..just not in my backyard lol

all in all this was a good hang i feel...more test to come next week
    and will be testing a crowsnest soon also...so stay tuned

thanks

J-Rod
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Sounds like a great test! Lol, J-Rod, you did better than me. I put up hammock and fell asleep INSIDE house last night. We got some snow too. It's still coming down!

FYI, I live in the city and in my backyard I've got 2 streetlights streaming in light. And lots of noise. I setup without a flashlight easy. There's no such thing as dark-thirty in my yard. I sleep with earplugs and an eye mask. There's different kinds of earplugs. I get the kind that muffles most sounds but you can still hear. I slept out one night and woke up when my college-age son was entering the house by the basement door at 4:30 am. He didn't realize I was in the hammock when I said "Morning! Long night, eh?" Gave him a heart attack.

Last winter I was out in the hammock at night it was about 18 degrees. I heard some kids walking by. All of a sudden I heard, "Oh my God, is that a hammock! That's crazy." I was smiling all cozy inside.

Hammocks bring so much joy!
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 12-19-2009 at 07:16.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Good to hear about the 3 season yetti keeping you warm, bro. Glad you're getting use out of it. Keep it as long as you need, or until early spring...I'll need it back by then.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL Snipe
    Tarp
    OES10x12catcutSpin
    Insulation
    Yeti,HG
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Thanks for the info, I bought a BB, tarp, Yeti setup last month and haven't got to try it yet Getting reflective liner for Christmas should be ready to go in Jan.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    what kind of rope are your whoopie slings made of? looks like orange dynaglide???
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlespaul View Post
    AC there the ones i got from opie ...i think there amsteel ...so far they work great..just went out and closed the sides up...going to be heading out in alittle....if i wake up to write my name in the snow...ill take a pic of the snow...but not of my name in the snow...that would be wrong

Thats Amsteel.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Thanks fulminated for letting me try it out..same back at ya with the tarp..use it as long as you need...i'll probly send the yeti back soon as my UQ is done
    from what i seen i think i could be good till 5 degrees easy with the 3 season yeti ...with the liner i think i could take it to 0 degrees manybe alittle lower

the pad i put in my footbox worked out great...i'll take a pic later on so you can see how i cut it...

one thing i did not like about the yeti is it's too narrow for my taste...yes it covers you well..but i like that little extra you get with the crowsnest and the JRB line ..i feel it's better for ppl that move around alot in there sleep
    less fiddle factor

as for the WB traveler...very well made hammock...i think it's made better than the HH .....i'm really liking it alot

i think when i get the crowsnest i'm going to do a short hike and test it out in the woods ...

Oh yeah...sorry no snow pics....forgot all about it...was half asleep lol
    the only reason i came in at 6:30am was the wind was geting bad...and like i said my hammock stand is not that great...so you can't get a taught pitch ...

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images

Here's my snow pic

Here's my pic. Still snowing. Wished I would have put the sidepull outs on last night. I criss crossed the wind end so it looks more collapsed than it would if I would have hung it without closing off footend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I love the pic...makes me wanna setup and sleep out again tonight lol

well the storm is on it's way to me now..we just got word that we are getting 12+ inch of snow ...so i got the ATV all ready to go play

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    ok here is a pic of the pad i was telling you about...all i did was place this in the footbox of my TQ and helped out a ton...this was the only pad i used

i had a down vest and my ski pants in the layers of the hammock that was it...

this worked out reallynic cause i didn't have to worry about the pad getting away fom me in the night
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12