Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Travellerwith a footbox or netless blackbird

Brandon,

ALAN and I were looking at the traveler and blackbird this morning at the hang. We both love the blackbird but are iffy on the traveler.

We would like the traveler to have the footbox and the side pull out that the black bird has.

Is their anyway this can be done? Sewn in as extra options on the traveler? Or perhaps a removalable netting on the blackbird?

Thanks
    c

Images
    the lay should be the same for both, the shelf/footbox panel works in conjunction with the netting, wouldn't work without it (the net)

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Just to add to Brandon's answer...have a look at the BlackBird. The footbox panel is *above* your feet. While it meets the netting, you don't actually lay on that part of the fabric.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

No Netting & has Pocket

2009_0205finishhammocks090007.JPGBrandon you can do this! As you can see in my pictures no netting! Plus the foot box helps keep your feet and TQ from falling out . If there's anybody that thinks outside of the box on this forum its you! You gave use the Great Blackbird! Take this ideal and add it to your line of hammocks! Thomas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bankheadboy; 12-21-2009 at 13:31.
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Images
    well, i suppose it can be done, the shelf requires the pocket of course, i guess i can see a benefit of the foot enclosure.

i'd have to have a good idea that they'd sell well before i'd be willing to come out with a new product, which obviously takes time and effort to introduce. looks pretty good though. did you do a netted clone as well?

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    i'd have to have a good idea that they'd sell well before i'd be willing to come out with a new product, which obviously takes time and effort to introduce. looks pretty good though. did you do a netted clone as well?
    No, just the one you see. I would like to have this in a 1.1 double for winter camping. I got this rip stop from Walmart $1.00 bin and seems to work well. I borrowed angrysparrows BB and I have to say you got the Best hammock on the market!! Well Done! I like the size (Roomy) I like where the zipper hits on your legs while seating in hit. The HH with zipper mod burns your legs from the pressure of the zipper being tight. The shelf is just genius! That's what I call thinking outside the box! You go Brandon! If you look at my gallery you can see what I've got or have done. You may want to do a poll to see if people would buy a BB with out the bug net? Winter Hammock?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Quote Originally Posted by IhangnBankhead View Post
    You may want to do a poll to see if people would buy a BB with out the bug net? Winter Hammock?
    I'd vote "yes".
    Last edited by BER; 12-22-2009 at 20:57.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    well, i suppose it can be done, the shelf requires the pocket of course, i guess i can see a benefit of the foot enclosure.

i'd have to have a good idea that they'd sell well before i'd be willing to come out with a new product..
    C'mon......they'll sell!!I bet you'll sell more than the Traveller. I'll buy one right now

BF

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot2 View Post
    I bet you'll sell more than the Traveller.
    That would be hard to understand. The Traveler is lighter, would have the *same* lay, and be less bulky. I honestly don't miss the shelf when I use my Traveler(s).
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB lightweight Dbl - Blue
    Tarp
    Warbonnet MiniFly
    Insulation
    3 Season Wookie
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Whoopies
    Images
    holy poop, i would think twice bout touching my beloved blackbird...

in any case, i just found it more beneficial to attach a mini-biner between the bungee and the zipper wing... i just open the zipper all the way and then just attach the mini-biner to the other metal loop on the other side and that seems to work just fine. no net in the way and im too scared to modify the ridgeline so that stays but other than that its perfect.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast