Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Unhappy Gallery uploads MIA?

Quote Originally Posted by AngrySparrow
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryW
    For Flickr...
    I know that sharing photos from other hosting sites is easy...but the HF gallery is less valuable when we do that.

It's nice to be able to go to the gallery and browse, seeing everyone's photos in one place.
    Okay, I realize this and I have tried, sometimes successfully, to upload to the HF gallery. However, there have been several times when my upload just goes...nowhere. I get through uploading the photos, adding descriptions, tags, etc. and press the final button that says "Process." That takes me to the gallery section I supposedly just uploaded to, without a sign of my photos. I hit reload, check my profile gallery list, and look through the main gallery but no photos. The last time I waited at least a week just in case the photos have to be approved, but finally gave up and re-uploaded them, and that time they "took." I just tried to upload quite a few photos and no dice. I did it a second time and still no photos. So, I uploaded a third time to Flickr and could then use them in my post.

Any idea what happened? I was extremely careful this time and really don't think I did anything wrong, though that's always possible. It's very frustrating because its a lot of work/time consuming, only to have everything just disappear. I'd like to upload more to HF gallery but not if this continues to happen....
    Last edited by bonsaihiker; 12-20-2009 at 22:59. Reason: See the next post.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I'm not sure exactly what you're experiencing. I'll try to replicate it in the next day or so, and I'll get back to you soon.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks, AS. I appreciate it.

BTW, I just realized that the title and icon make it look like I'm much more upset than I really am. Sorry. I'll try to go back and edit that...
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

• + New Posts