Dutchware DL 11'
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing

What's your tarp guy line/stake setup?

Just curious, as I'm redoing mine. I'm thinking about msr groundhogs with Lawson glow wire and tarp worms. What do you use? And do you use Tensioners? Apologies if there is a similar topic somewhere and I didn't see it. Thanks!

Hammock
    DL RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Nemo Tensor
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Dutch fleaz on split rings on my d-rings. Lawson reflective cord. Titanium shepherd hooks which will likely get swapped out for Zpacks carbon fiber stakes. No tensioners because my tarp is made of poly, but if it was made of nylon I'd use tensioners.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #2779
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ-HG/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/Ti CinchBkl
    Images
    Dutch Tarpworms on shock cord fixed to each tarp corner. Then either Lawson Glowire or more recently Atwood Reflective or Glow-in-the-dark Micro Cord attached via a Marlinspike Hitch to an aluminum stake (MSR Groundhog or Dutch's Y-stakes).

I prefer to keep my tie-out cord unattached to either the stakes or the tarp for maximum flexibility. I carry a few 9' sections and a few 4' sections and then I can tie low or high, to stakes or trees or poles for porch mode, with just what I need, knotting lengths together as necessary. Usually carry enough for a continuous ridgeline as well (with a Dutch Hook and Wasp) but almost never set one up. Usually easier to use Dutch Stingerz on the D-rings on each end of the ridgeline.

I'm experimenting with glow-in-the-dark lines for the foot end tie-out on the zipper side of my hammock because that's the one I always trip on in the middle of the night when nature calls and I usually don't put on a headlamp. Also need something for my hammock side tie-outs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.
    - Daniel Webster

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I use 4 fleaz on a continuous loop with a larkshead on each of the tie outs. I have attached some zing it to the stakes. I never felt like I was losing tension, so no tensioners, and I usually pitch the tarp pretty low so I don't trip over the lines anyways...

Edit: Oh and some aluminum Y-Stakes

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I use our V stakes, bit lighter than the Y's and they stack together better. For Guy lines I like to set up 1.75mm line with prussic where the prussic is on the tarps D ring and the end loop goes over the stake. Slide to tension the line and walk away. No hardware, no line tensioners.....Sil stretches to a point. Once it has stretched it won't go any further, so I pitch my tarp tight and let it sit for an hour or so and then take 30 seconds to go tension the lines again and I am done and the tarp is tight for the remainder of the time it's set up at that spot.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly w/door
    Insulation
    UGQ 20 TQ/DIY UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar/Turtle
    I use tarpworms and glowire. They are attached to my corners via shock cord loops. For stakes I just use Wally World Y stakes or tie to whatever is available at the site.

I like Paul's suggestion for a no hardware option. Haven't tried that, but sounds pretty slick.
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain

I am using the MSR Y stake (i think they might be the groundhogs) and paracord with a friction knot around my stakes. I also always try and tie off without them, trees or bushes to allow for more options in my pitch height

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG down/DIY
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    I use 6ft. Zpacks 1.25mm on my tie outs. I just use a Marlin spike hitch at each stake. Keep it simple.
    RON

A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at? ~ Ronald Reagan

Visit my Youtube channel- Florida Wild

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    I use 1.25mm Z-Line with loops tied to the ends for the stakes to go through. They are connected to the tarp via prusic knots which I can adjust the tension on from under the tarp if it starts to sag a little.

For the ridge I have been using 1.25mm Z-Line with Dutchware titanium hooks on the ends so I can loop the line around the tree and hook it back onto itself. These lines are connected to the tarp via prusic knots as well.
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.
    www.bmtguide.com - the BMT Thru Hiker's Guide

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast