Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Very nice, TZ!
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL Summer/ Winter
    Suspension
    Birch Buckles
    Just picked this up from Goodwill today for $19.99. All it needs is a good cleaning, rewiring and oiling. Came with all paperwork, accessories and even a spare bulb.

2014-07-29 13.43.36.jpg2014-07-29 13.43.44.jpg2014-07-29 14.02.02.jpg2014-07-29 14.06.18.jpg2014-07-29 16.30.16.jpg2014-07-29 13.47.59.jpg2014-07-29 16.41.59.jpg
    Last edited by Big Sweets; 07-29-2014 at 22:04.
    Formerly McBlaster
    The Tent is a Lie

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by McBlaster View Post
    Just picked this up from Goodwill today for $19.99. All it needs is a good cleaning, rewiring and oiling. Came with all paperwork, accessories and even a spare bulb.
    Very nice find!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Very nice find for $ 20.00. One of the first BU Novas (VN on the bed) And the paint is good too: so many of those had problems with the paint drying out and cracking.

Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner

Great find!

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL Summer/ Winter
    Suspension
    Birch Buckles
    I was at the store this afternoon and another shopper was full on checking out another more modern machine and I asked him if he found anything good. He responded "its made in Taiwan" as he thoroughly inspected everything about it. I was not surprised when he walked away with it. I was feeling slightly dejected as I felt I had just missed out by 1 or 2 minutes, we all know that feeling. I then started looking around the furniture section a little better and came across this Necchi untouched, with all of the drawers full of vintage goodness. I asked the nearest associate about pricing as there was no tag on it. They produced a new tag, I paid immediately and had it loaded in my truck within minutes. I didnt even try it out in store, I wanted to get it out of there asap. I plugged it in at home and the knee switch doesnt seem to work, its always on when plugged in. Satisfied with what I got I put it in the garage for now.
    Formerly McBlaster
    The Tent is a Lie

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    I was at the store this afternoon and another shopper was full on checking out another more modern machine and I asked him if he found anything good. He responded "its made in Taiwan" as he thoroughly inspected everything about it. I was not surprised when he walked away with it. I was feeling slightly dejected as I felt I had just missed out by 1 or 2 minutes, we all know that feeling. I then started looking around the furniture section a little better and came across this Necchi untouched, with all of the drawers full of vintage goodness. I asked the nearest associate about pricing as there was no tag on it. They produced a new tag, I paid immediately and had it loaded in my truck within minutes. I didnt even try it out in store, I wanted to get it out of there asap. I plugged it in at home and the knee switch doesnt seem to work, its always on when plugged in. Satisfied with what I got I put it in the garage for now.
    Sounds like someone went in and played with the wiring. I looked around for the service manual online but the one I found didn't have wiring in it. Maybe one of the Necchi guys around here can point you in the right direction.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL Summer/ Winter
    Suspension
    Birch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    Sounds like someone went in and played with the wiring. I looked around for the service manual online but the one I found didn't have wiring in it. Maybe one of the Necchi guys around here can point you in the right direction.
    I dont think so actually. The guy inspecting the other machine obviously overlooked this one, he thought he was slick but wasnt really that slick at all.

Theres a double non-polarized outlet on the inside of the cabinet that's clearly labeled machine and light respectively. As seen in the lower right here, 2014-07-29 13.48.05.jpg

The wiring is the same as an old lamp thats brittle and cracked in places. I plan on rewiring it like I would any antique lamp. As for the knee lever I'll disassemble it and spray any contacts with Deoxit.

I have this instruction and maintenance guide i'll review tomorrow.
    2014-07-29 14.02.57.jpg

And thank you everyone. This is a new aquisition that hopefully will become my main thread injector. In the mean time I still have my Singer I picked up off CL earlier this year.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...9&d=1395026740
    Last edited by Big Sweets; 07-30-2014 at 01:44. Reason: words
    Formerly McBlaster
    The Tent is a Lie

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Very nice find for $ 20.00. One of the first BU Novas (VN on the bed) And the paint is good too: so many of those had problems with the paint drying out and cracking.
    I believe I've seen those in the know state that the earlier BUs with the VN decal are a first choice for them.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL Summer/ Winter
    Suspension
    Birch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I believe I've seen those in the know state that the earlier BUs with the VN decal are a first choice for them.
    I'm very excited about this aquisition. I believe I've hit upon a holy grail of sorts and when I get it all cleaned/oiled up it will be everything I hope it to be.
    Formerly McBlaster
    The Tent is a Lie

• + New Posts
  • Page 114 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast