Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I don't have a photo yet but my mom passed away this year and had laying around an old Kenmore - my aunt up in VA is retrieving it for me (she's a seamstress as was my mom) and she is gonna look it over for me...no photos or model info yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    17SG Multicam DL
    This is my newest addition to the fleet, Juki 1541s. It will chew up lightweight material but I have another for that. Mostly used on packcloth and Cordura. DSC_0109.jpg

Hammock
    DIY Shortened Ariel Bridge
    Tarp
    Vented Half-Sock
    Insulation
    DIY synth UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Slap straps
    Images
    Well I've been having to borrow my friends machine for whatever project I am on... Well NO LONGER! Introducing the brand spanking new(to me) Singer 6268

Does anyone know what all this stuff is? There's two walking feet but there's this weird metal slide thing that has a foot on it. Maybe to make buttons?
    It sews climashield at 7oz no problem with the walking foot and a small ruler, but it's really loud compared to a normal foot.

And I have a whole bunch of climashield, insultex, silnylon, and nylon. Time to inject some thread!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 12-26-2016 at 06:33.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0 oz
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 0.9 oz
    Insulation
    DIY UQ's
    Bernina Sale this past week at our local dealer - Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday + "so how much do you love me???" and my wife agreed to a new machine.
    2017-01-01 07.56.35.jpg

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0 oz
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 0.9 oz
    Insulation
    DIY UQ's
    Quote Originally Posted by 17SierraGear View Post
    This is my newest addition to the fleet, Juki 1541s. It will chew up lightweight material but I have another for that. Mostly used on packcloth and Cordura. DSC_0109.jpg
    Heavy Breathing.......

Nice Rig!

Hammock
    DIY 11ft. 1.6oz. HyperD
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli Pro
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    So I follow the suggestions of some members and asked online for a free thread injector and this is what I just picked upIMG_1929.jpg

I can't wait to learn and playwith it based on all I havelearned on this site
    If you are under control, you are not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Hammock
    DIY 1.0 HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY Hexon .9
    Insulation
    DIY quilt/JacksUQ
    Suspension
    Mule tape
    I just got this guy as a Christmas present from my pops. It's one of them new fangled fancy machines, not a vintage classic, but I've fallen in love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Well I went from a single older (80s so not that old) kenmoore this last weekend to the owner of also owning 4 vintage singers, for the grand total of $0. My aunt was cleaning out and somebody had given her this 1953 66-18 that was serviced before it was put away. She doesn't remember when or who gave it to her so no backstory on it. I got it home, it's clean as a whistle, and sews great. Got some use on it but for the price I con't complain. I personally like the crinkle ones better. I'm sure the base is a cheap aftermarket job (without a top).

The other 3 are all treadle machines. One was my great grandmothers and I think its an early 66. The other was my grandmother's and I think its a 66 or 99. Both are at my grandmothers house being used as tables. I do know for a fact they were serviced and set in her living room. She did use one of them from time to time. She overheard my aunt giving the 66-18 to me and told me I could have them any time I wanted but since they are "in use" and don't have the room I'm leaving them there for the moment. The cabinets are in great shape and the only place I have to put them is out in a shed. They aint going anywhere and I know they are not gonna ruin sitting in her living room. I didn't feel like cleaning the stuff off them to get pictures so sorry.

The 3rd is a basket case that my grandmother pulled out of an old house on a property my grandpa bought to extend his cow pasture years ago. Its been sitting in a barn that I'm gonna have to use a chainsaw and wait til it dries up to get to. Last time I seen it (in the 90s) the humidity has taken it's toll on the wood and was peeling up like an onion. I figured nothing else I can get it and repop the wood to use it to hold the 66-18. As explained it's rough to get to it right now so no pictures of it yet, heck it might be a pile of termite poop and rust by now I don't even know.

All 3 are open cabinet styles so nothing overly collectible or special. I have a stash of cherry and black walnut wood I can redo the one in. I like black walnut so I'm leaning to that. Sandblast and paint the steel parts. If the head is savable since its finish is most likely shot I'll do some wild and crazy paint, I do have a gallon of metallic blue left over from painting a car. Pinstripe it like a 50s hotrod in silver.
    Last edited by neo71665; 03-09-2017 at 12:55.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Very nice! I'd love to have a treadle machine (but can't say where I'd put it!)

My sister collects antique sewing machines and gets them running again. She's got some that have hand cranks!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    Very nice! I'd love to have a treadle machine (but can't say where I'd put it!)

My sister collects antique sewing machines and gets them running again. She's got some that have hand cranks!
    I'm looking for the stuff to convert the 66-18 to hand crank. When I'm done I'd like the option to have any of the 3 "power" sources. Funny I was an electrician for a long time you would think I would be gun-ho for wall plugs. I'm not afraid to jump in feet first rewiring something but I like the simple mechanical aspect of these old things.

Sadly right now this addition has to be put on hold. I'm restoring/resto-modding a 1970s monkey wards (built by gilson) mini bike for my son's 10th b-day in sept. The real reason for looking for something heavier duty was to sew up the seat for it. I'm doing 100% of the work on it from the engine, to paint, to making the seat from scratch. Back when I was able to work custom cars was a hobby. This is my first 2 wheel project but being on disability even if its easier/less work it has it's challenges.

• + New Posts
  • Page 191 of 198 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast