Page 186 of 198 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1978
    Images
    Tacblades- did you make the wooden cases for your Singer and Kenmore? They look like the one my Singer 66 (circa 1912) is in.

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale Kale View Post
    Attachment 135978

Singer Fashion Mate 237. Was frozen when I got it. Little oil and some love and came right back!
    that is one sweet machine! I bought one from a guy selling his wife's collection (don't know if she knew), it's even smoother than my mum's old Singer which is my go to (out of sentimentality)
    Debi

Hi guys,
    I'm new to the forum... and to sewing! Been working with a borrowed Kenmore 158, but decided it's time to get my own... literally just got home with this 148.12030. It seems to have more power than the 158, but I think the 158 has a slipping clutch. I put 2 layers of webbing through this, then 4 and I couldn't notice any speed change. Even has zig zag! lol
    Came with the hide-away table and seems to be well maintained. Hope I picked the right one. As you can see I got projects on the go
    IMG_20160917_212238926.jpg
    IMG_20160907_200624193.jpg
    Seems to be oiled up and ready to go, if anyone has any tips or suggestions I'm all ears! I'll probably at least clean it with compressed air.
    I'm using a Grand Trunk for now, but I have a Hennessy Expedition Asym zip on the way with a Monsoon tarp. Riggin up Costco quilts for an underquilt and topquilt. Seems to be lots available at the Costco near me, I've bought 6 now.
    Last edited by scottdanpor; 09-17-2016 at 20:16.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdanpor View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to the forum... and to sewing! Been working with a borrowed Kenmore 158, but decided it's time to get my own... literally just got home with this 148.12030. It seems to have more power than the 158, but I think the 158 has a slipping clutch. I put 2 layers of webbing through this, then 4 and I couldn't notice any speed change. Even has zig zag! lol
    Came with the hide-away table and seems to be well maintained. Hope I picked the right one. As you can see I got projects on the go
    IMG_20160917_212238926.jpg
    IMG_20160907_200624193.jpg
    Seems to be oiled up and ready to go, if anyone has any tips or suggestions I'm all ears! I'll probably at least clean it with compressed air.
    I'm using a Grand Trunk for now, but I have a Hennessy Expedition Asym zip on the way with a Monsoon tarp. Riggin up Costco quilts for an underquilt and topquilt. Seems to be lots available at the Costco near me, I've bought 6 now.
    Kenmores are great machines! Anytime that you find the original accessories and manual that usually means the owner took really good care of it. That machine will handle most of your hammock fabrication. If it has a 1.2 amp motor it will also be able to to straps and such. Add a free arm machine and you can do stuff sacks. Several years ago I had a sewing machine obsession and amassed over 30 machines. I'm slowly selling them off and I really only use three of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post
    Kenmores are great machines! Anytime that you find the original accessories and manual that usually means the owner took really good care of it. That machine will handle most of your hammock fabrication. If it has a 1.2 amp motor it will also be able to to straps and such. Add a free arm machine and you can do stuff sacks. Several years ago I had a sewing machine obsession and amassed over 30 machines. I'm slowly selling them off and I really only use three of them.

It has a 1.0 amp motor but I found it could go through 4 layers of webbing. In time I'm sure I'll learn its limitations. I already broke one needle trying to go too fast, hah. I think if I take it slow it'll be ok.
    The table came with a bunch of accessories, including a bottle of singer oil with 30 cents written on the side. I opened up the machine and found a nice layer of oil inside, so I didn't touch anything. Seems to run very quiet and smooth so far.
    Hm, I forgot about the free arm part for hemming and stuff sacks. Ugh now I need another one

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 11"
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post
    Add a free arm machine and you can do stuff sacks.
    And here I've been doing all my stuff sacks and bishop bags with regular old sewing machines.

Hammock
    DIY 11ft Hammock
    Tarp
    3m x3m MYOG Camo
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by slugbait View Post
    Tacblades- did you make the wooden cases for your Singer and Kenmore? They look like the one my Singer 66 (circa 1912) is in.
    They are a rare brother and a novum, the cases came with them, but i think you can pick up empty cases on ebay.
    Tacblades

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by zooshooter View Post
    And here I've been doing all my stuff sacks and bishop bags with regular old sewing machines.
    Its much much easier with a free arm.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Just got a singer 401a. Really good shape, well maybe. It moves smoothly but didn't have the power/pedal cords. So we shall see. I have been running my 15-91 for everything. This one is going to take some time to learn and of course a cord to buy.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    Just got a singer 401a. Really good shape, well maybe. It moves smoothly but didn't have the power/pedal cords. So we shall see. I have been running my 15-91 for everything. This one is going to take some time to learn and of course a cord to buy.
    One if my favorite machines. I've accumulated 3 over the years. It's what I sew everything on except for stuff sacks and tree straps. I've only used the straight stitch function.

• + New Posts
  • Page 186 of 198 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast