DIY 1.0 HyperD DL integrated bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY 12' HEX
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl_hanger View Post
    Your Necchi was build in Italy in the early 50s. I guess before 1953. Here is all you need:
    Necchi BU Mira Service Manual
    There are also a lot of nice videos on YouTube
    https://www.google.de/search?q=Necch...HagGAMMQ_AUIBg

Your Bernina belongs to the 707 - 728 series. Maybe you find helpful information here:
    http://www.occaphot-ch.com/bernina-more/
    Thanks!

I actually found the same Necchi service manual already, and also the users manual from the same page. They were very helpful especially when I took the thread tensioner apart.

For the Bernina I have the original manual, but the info about the pedal mechanism is actually something I couldn't find when I was trying to fix it the last time. Took it also apart anyway and managed to fix it… but only for a couple of hours
    Metsän poika tahdon olla, sankar jylhän kuusiston.
    Tapiolan vainiolla karhun kanssa painiin käyn,
    ja maailma unholaan jääköön.

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by elmex View Post
    Thanks!

I actually found the same Necchi service manual already, and also the users manual from the same page. They were very helpful especially when I took the thread tensioner apart.

For the Bernina I have the original manual, but the info about the pedal mechanism is actually something I couldn't find when I was trying to fix it the last time. Took it also apart anyway and managed to fix it… but only for a couple of hours
    The progressive resistance guts might be bad in the pedal. It shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement.

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elmex View Post
    I like very old sewing machines (like your Necchi) for which I can find a service manual and where I can solve all problems myself. I learnt a lot by reading old service manuals very carefully. Currently I have eleven old sewing machines. I bought them all very cheap and repaired them all and all sew again like new. I have problems to decide which one is better or which one I should keep or sell again. However, I will keep only one (max. two).

It's very hard to find an old Necchi sewing machine like yours. It's a very rare speciality. The newer Necchi machines like the Supernova are a bit easier to find but I would prefer your old BU Mira. In good condition I would not sell your machine for less than 200-250 Euro and maybe I would not sell them for an even much higher price. There is a certain antiquarianism factor which nobody can evaluate. I think you will feel this factor as soon as you have fixed all problems and can sew with it like a world champion. Believe it or not. I bet, there was never a better (or much better) home sewing machine on the market.

Hammock
    DIY 1.0 HyperD DL integrated bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY 12' HEX
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    I like very old sewing machines (like your Necchi) for which I can find a service manual and where I can solve all problems myself. I learnt a lot by reading old service manuals very carefully. Currently I have eleven old sewing machines. I bought them all very cheap and repaired them all and all sew again like new. I have problems to decide which one is better or which one I should keep or sell again. However, I will keep only one (max. two).

It's very hard to find an old Necchi sewing machine like yours. It's a very rare speciality. The newer Necchi machines like the Supernova are a bit easier to find but I would prefer your old BU Mira. In good condition I would not sell your machine for less than 200-250 Euro and maybe I would not sell them for an even much higher price. There is a certain antiquarianism factor which nobody can evaluate. I think you will feel this factor as soon as you have fixed all problems and can sew with it like a world champion. Believe it or not. I bet, there was never a better (or much better) home sewing machine on the market.
    The guy I bought it definitely didn't understand the value of the machine. He was planning on making a jigsaw out of it
    I'm clad I found it and managed to save it from this gruesome fate. And I'm sure that with a little care it will become my favorite!
    Metsän poika tahdon olla, sankar jylhän kuusiston.
    Tapiolan vainiolla karhun kanssa painiin käyn,
    ja maailma unholaan jääköön.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Walkabout Rain Fly
    Insulation
    Pad (for now)
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopie

It's one of these good old standard zig-zag machines build in Japan in the early 60s. Don't know exactly who build it. Two or three Japanese manufacturers incl. Brother are the usual suspects. There are still a lot of machines on the market (also in Germany) which look similar and have the same functionality.

What I see from left to right:
    - Standard top thread tension unit (standard setup is 4-5)
    - Needle position selector (left, middle, right - standard is middle)
    - Stitch width selector (0 = straight stitch, 1 - 5 zig-zag stitch width)
    - Stitch length selector (R = reverse stitching, F = forward stitching, standard is F and 3 as stitch length)
    - feed dog immersion or drop feed buttons
    - bobbin winder unit (a fitting bobbin winder rubber is missing!)

Don't think that you need a manual. I'm almost sure that this machine works very well if you clean and oil it properly. That's all you need.

If you need more information please show more detailed pictures (especially from your bobbin case and bottom of this machine) or ask again.
    And this is what I love about this community, you guys rock! I appreciate the help xxl_hanger and squidbilly. I am looking forward to jumping on the MYOG train.

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 1.0
    Tarp
    RSBTR DIY Hex 12
    Insulation
    DIY APEX UQ/ TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE
    bigsig11010, I have a 301A that I use and is the only one I have. I have been using it for about 6 months or so. Great machine and for the most part has been very easy to use. The issue I have with mine is that it hesitates to start at times and then will take off, so it can be hard to control the stitching speed at times. Just wondering if this is common with this machine, if you have had this issue and if there is a fix, like maybe a new foot pedal.

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 1.0
    Tarp
    RSBTR DIY Hex 12
    Insulation
    DIY APEX UQ/ TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE
    I have a 301A as well and really enjoy the machine. The only issue I have is that it hesitates at times when I push the pedal and will suddenly take off make it hard at times to control the stitching speed, which can be aggravating when doing precise work. Other then that it is an awesome machine for my first machine and first go at MYOG. Thanks for any input.

Hammock
    11ft Dutch DL Hexon 2.4 SRL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    CCF,sleep bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling Hook
    Machine one of four. White Series 77 with all attachments including buttonhole and automatic zig-zag. In original table in good condition. Purchase Price $15
    This was the first one for me to post only because it is the easiest to get to.

Get busy living or get busy dying

this is my 15-91 I got for free it's in mint condition even the wiring is still original and nothings wrong with it. It was made between 1930-35.

Jetjay

Hammock
    11ft Dutch DL Hexon 2.4 SRL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    CCF,sleep bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling Hook
    Machine two of four. Singer Touch-Tronic 2001 with buttonhole attachment. In original table that needed a bit of TLC. The whiter wood was what I had to replace from water damage. Purchase Price $10
    This one was a little harder to get to.

Get busy living or get busy dying

• + New Posts
  • Page 173 of 198 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast