I've been using the ring system and have ordered new high strength straps from strapworks. I've been using a bowline knot at the end of the strap that wraps around the tree but have been considering sewing a loop using a box stitch. I know the knot reduces the strength of the strap by at least 50%. How does that compare with a box stitched loop? I also know hat climbers use box stitched loops in much of their gear so I'm assuming it's pretty strong. I guess I've always had more confidence in a well tied knot as opposed to trusting someones sewing skills and a bit of polyester thread. I do like the neatness of the sewn loop which is really why I'm considering it at all.

Any Opinions?

Miguel

PS I went hammocking with my wife and daughter (Two Claytor's JH and a Clark) this weekend and low and behold there was a guy on a site near us that was hanging in a Hennesy. It was my first time checking out a HH. I did like it but I'm still staying with my Claytor. We had an impromptu, albeit mini, hammock hanging gathering on the spot. It was lots of fun. He had a unique way of hanging his hammock. I took some pics which I'll post.