Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad->TQUQ
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
    This could work perhaps for my kinda "in between" temps ....

For me less than 50 could do my 20 degree gear and be "ok" - warmer tha. That I needed to vent.
    So all you need is a long cord that you can reach without getting out of the hammock, to cinch it up when you get cold. Perhaps something that can act like a second adjustable ridgeline between the ends of the hammock. Not sure how that would work.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I mean I suppose that Prussik could be reached and cinched up while laying in hammock still...I forgot to try that.

I've also been thinking about for these intermediate temps using my underquilt protector to sort of hug the wooki and use that to adjust how close the quilt is to the body of the hammock

The UQ protector as such is very easy to adjust within the hammock so that is a promising idea I have not investigated yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad->TQUQ
    Have a long cord, one end holding the Wooki and the other end going thru the bug netting with a prussic on the hammock ridgeline. Then you could adjust it from inside the hammock. I'll let you cut a hole and let us know how that works

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by tundracamper View Post
    Have a long cord, one end holding the Wooki and the other end going thru the bug netting with a prussic on the hammock ridgeline. Then you could adjust it from inside the hammock. I'll let you cut a hole and let us know how that works
    I never thought of that!!!!

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad->TQUQ
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
    I never thought of that!!!!
    Be sure to post pictures - haha!

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I would not need to cut a hole btw hahaha

I could run some small diameter cord through the gathered end of the XLC - like a long loop through with the friction hitch on the inside of the hammock .

All the way thought and the biner would be flush...then could let it down from inside ?

I love tinkering

Mostly though this quilt will be used for sub 50 degree weather so I'm not concerned

Hammock
    WB XLC, Draumr 3, DD SL Jungle
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    WB Winter Wooki XL
    I rec'd my winter wooki XL 3 weeks ago and I am very satisfied with my purchase. I can recommend it with absolutely no reservations to any winter hangers who own the blackbird... ... And since Ukraine is bracing for our coldest winter in 34 years (yikes), I'm certain that it will see good use this season in preventing the notorious "as*-cicle" from.. err... forming.

I can't wait to get one need to see what happens to our dollar in the next few months

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    I know. But I think that the amount of down is adequate for the baffles. The baffles are only 2" high. HammockGear, Loco Libre, UGQ or Enlightened Equipment use 2.5" baffles for their 20° underquilts. An uq with 2" baffles would be a 30° underquilt. Which is OK, since Warbonnet doesn't say it's a 20° underquilt but rather a 3-season-underquilt - and 30° is OK for 3 seasons. It would be possible to overfill, but it would mainly make the underquilt heavier but probably not as warm as one with 2.5" baffles.
    It would be interesting to know Brandon's opinion about that.
    Also you are talking about the 3-seasons version of the Wooki, but what about the winter version ? Does it have larger baffles, and would overstuff increase its warmth ?

(Although I have less than a year experience with hammock camping, I suppose I am a very cold sleeper as I fell cold using the 20° F 3-season Yeti at about 52 ° F (11° C), and after replacing it with a light 0,3" thick foam mat (0,6 cm), I felt cold again at about 45° F (7° C), so I had to add the Yeti on top (or better said under it, the foam pad being in the hamac, directly under my body) to be finally comfortable. I am looking for a definitive warm enough complete bottom insulation. I own the BB XLC, and my top quilt for now is a duck down sleeping bag rated at a 14 °F (-10°C) comfort limit - it is filled with 35 oz of duck down (1kg), but it is a flat, rectangular pattern sleeping bag, so not featuring an ideal warmth / weight ratio...)
    Last edited by Rouskof; 10-11-2016 at 07:56.

Hammock
    WBBB, LSoH Warrior
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon
    Insulation
    Wooki/LSoH Toaster
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    @Rouskof, see Brandon's comment on the temp rating here:
    https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...=1#post1662871

I'd say that if you were cold at 45 with a 20* quilt, you had gaps. Adding a foam under you, probably made it worse. The Wooki would solve all your adjustment problems and without gaps, it is very efficient. With gaps, anytime you move, you pump cold air in.

The winter version has higher baffles. Overfilling without increasing the baffles hight (you want more loft) is not efficient.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast