Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Carver View Post
    It may be that once you get dialed in and are satisfied with your setup, you then tend to dial out.
    That's what it is with me. I still stop by almost every day but rarely post...I learned a lot here quickly and I am thankful for that. I wound up with about 15 hammocks and use about 5 of them most of the time. Now I have little need to learn anything else. In fact much here seems to add to the confusion rather than solve and issue. I still come by but have little need to post anymore.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carver View Post
    I was at the second MN winter hang in which everyone was still trying to figure everything out. Out of twenty or so there, only Shug and TZ are still active. I hope that Shug and TZ never fade. It may be that once you get dialed in and are satisfied with your setup, you then tend to dial out.
    I don't post as much as I used to, but I also have pretty much figured out my kit. I still read of the new innovations.

We all continue to enjoy the outdoors because we love it. Occasionally my posts have been the last posts in a thread, with no more comments after, makes me wonder about being a show stopper.

Carver, your knowledge of the cold and living comfortably in it is vast, and much appreciated for sharing it.
    I always enjoy your videos, but since I don't check every day probably miss many.

Most of the younger ones will first try to do it with all of the modern materials, with varying sucess, but if they sought out those who have done it for extended times and used some of their tips would have much more comfort in the cold seasons.

Another site that has a pretty good winter following is wintertrekking.com, also bushcraft has a very wide range of topics.

If you do share on another site pm me so I can still gain knowledge through your adventures
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    JRB ORM/WL 15 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Bummer, I really enjoy your videos, so please keep it up!

Hammock
    Dutchware Gear Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Beatle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I kind of know the feeling as well. I get reprimanded by the moderators for starting thread in the wrong forums and off topic questions that only paid members are supposed to see. We're talking practice, you know practice It shouldn't be so restrictive but hey a site is only as good as it's moderators.
    Pretty sad if the moderators are reprimanding you for posting in the wrong forums; they should just make a polite note and move it to the correct one. I'm new here, and haven't had any problems with moderators myself.

Hammock
    DH Freebird or Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    OMW/Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Varied
    Images
    I've never seen a mod on this forum be anything but even-keeled, even when I pushed the limits a bit. Perhaps you were a tad over-sensitive? Not saying you were, it just seems unusual. The "restrictions" just are a little incentive to become a contributing member and help support the board. Part of life. I've said it before and I still feel the mods do a great job keeping this place a pleasant and informative place to hang out.
    Hobo Off The Ground All Year Round: 8 7
    consecutive months since the start, 9/2015 through 11/2022

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    I've been the vet on other forums and there does seem to be and "end of an era" thing that happens and is felt by those who have been around the longest. Some people come, get what they need, and leave. Others stick around enough to develop a relationship with the other members, maybe even meet up with them. And change happens, which requires an adjustment period. I can attest to the changes on HF even since I joined, which wasn't long ago, but I'm still ever curious about the different ways people approach their gear, even stuff I think I've got dialed in, and hopefully have shared some useful things for others.

Maybe step back a bit and lurk until you feel the passion to share again. I can say, what you have contributed has been appreciated, even if it wasn't voiced.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 30 UQ and 40 TQ
    Suspension
    Custom Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobopelican View Post
    I've never seen a mod on this forum be anything but even-keeled, even when I pushed the limits a bit. Perhaps you were a tad over-sensitive? Not saying you were, it just seems unusual. The "restrictions" just are a little incentive to become a contributing member and help support the board. Part of life. I've said it before and I still feel the mods do a great job keeping this place a pleasant and informative place to hang out.
    I couldn't disagree more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just an out of shape middle aged guy who loves doing outdoor things with his great kids...

www.hikerspantry.weebly.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner View Post
    I couldn't disagree more...
    I'm sure you could if you tried.... maximum effort! LOL

--
    Gadget

Images
    If some of you folks have an issue/s with the mod team please start a new thread in the feedback forum.

You are derailing Carvers thread.

Last edited by OutandBack; 08-29-2016 at 00:35.

I agree in that I'd love to see a base camp section with specialized subforums - even if it were under the paid members section. I go to quite a few music festivals, and it'd be great to see more threads featuring coolers, camp chairs, canopies, wagons, etc...

I understand the need for hammock forums to stay specialized, but it's hard to find other outdoors forums with Tapatalk access for phones. If it weren't for tapatalk, I'd be on the forums a lot less for sure because browser-based forum reading is clunky at best.

For these reasons, I'm a paid member, and I think there's value in paying for something of quality. I certainly don't expect these changes to happen, but as a paid member - I feel I can request it!

Either way, the paid member section still has a ton of great info!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234