Circle Beard, Roo, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Yukon
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker Bob View Post
    It was time to replace a junk tent. I went to a store on a trail in Ga. I got a sales pitch for hanging. I left with an ENO doublenest. It works for now. The anti-ENO threads have made me doubt if I want to attend any hangs. I am new to hanging, but have been camping for over 60 years. I don't think everything negative is actually honesty but instead is like the self proclaimed gurus on some other forums dealing with other topics.
    I got good information. I got the minimum needed to start hanging and I actually touched something, instead of looking at pictures on the computer.
    I can see not allowing free advertising by any vendor, but if a thread was deleted for advocating a non-cottage industry product, I am probably in the wrong place.

Bob
    Don't let my comments keep you from enjoying the expertise here as you start your new hobby getting off the ground. Enjoy the ENO and if it works for you, that's great. If you want to expand your system, there's a lot of great posts here and other vendors that will help you out. I have multiple hammock systems and they are like tattoos...once you have one, you always want more. Happy hanging.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    The PC nature of the rules to this forum are a turn off for me, the only reason I keep coming back is because of the wealth of information from the members. With that said, I had to come to the realization that I did not start this forum and if I wanted to continue using it for my benefit I would have to play by the rules. I think there should be at least one section that should allows members to speak freely about whatever topic without having their first amendment censored. I've donated once but probably will not again. Just my opinion.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by wwcdtwins09 View Post
    ... I love the honest debate though and don't think it's necessary to have those comments deleted...
    wwcdtwins09,

You missed the point entirely. Your posts were not deleted based upon your debating the merits of the product.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 09-05-2016 at 11:48.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Countdown to LOCK MODE initiated ...
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Tarp
    Yukon
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Hviid View Post
    Maybe it was you who missed his point? With degenerating posts like this you may find more newer members sticking to "the wild". Odd you use such a term considering many of us hammock campers do so to enjoy the WILDerness and get away from civilization. Seems you'd like to reverse that.
    A great point. Well said.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    ... I wish there was a place we could have these discussions.
    This IS the place to have those discussions. Is there a reason you can't have those discussions without violating the rules to which we agreed when we joined this site?

It is OK to disagree with any or all other members but, per the Terms of Service to which you agreed as a requirement of participation; II. Be Respectful. This is not negotiable. This experience might be different from that which you have experienced on other web-sites. However, the TOS and everyone's willingness abide by them are what has made HammockForums the site it is.

Have a nice day.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    Tarp
    Yukon
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    This IS the place to have those discussions. Is there a reason you can't have those discussions without violating the rules to which we agreed when we joined this site?

It is OK to disagree with any or all other members but, per the Terms of Service to which you agreed as a requirement of participation; II. Be Respectful. This is not negotiable. This experience might be different from that which you have experienced on other web-sites. However, the TOS and everyone's willingness abide by them are what has made HammockForums the site it is.

Have a nice day.
    That was my point to begin with. I don't feel as if I disrespected anyone to begin with but apparently someone disagreed. Oh well. It's a PC world we live in now.

Hammock
    DIY bridge
    Tarp
    DIY
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    The PC nature of the rules to this forum are a turn off for me, the only reason I keep coming back is because of the wealth of information from the members. With that said, I had to come to the realization that I did not start this forum and if I wanted to continue using it for my benefit I would have to play by the rules. I think there should be at least one section that should allows members to speak freely about whatever topic without having their first amendment censored. I've donated once but probably will not again. Just my opinion.
    The first amendment reads....

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Congress (or the government) may not infringe upon our first amendment rights. We can all say or express what we want. We just have to understand that there are consequences if we violate the rules or etiquette of the forum in which we choose to express one's self.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    That was my point to begin with. I don't feel as if I disrespected anyone to begin with but apparently someone disagreed. Oh well. It's a PC world we live in now.
    You are always welcome to discuss the merits of any hammock related product or even the lack of merit to a product esp. if you are backing it up with personal, not second hand "my buddy said" kind of knowledge. What you can not do at HF is make it a personal attack or be disrespectful in your posts or replies. To directly quote from the TOS: "Be Respectful. This is not negotiable."

When a discussion turns into an argument then the thread will be moderated with comments by both or even multiple parties removed.

And just for the record, I am moving this thread out of general hammock area to feedback area as it is really not about hammocks but rather about how the forum is moderated.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Heavy. Short. Narrow. Gimmicky. Suspensions need changed out. Over priced.

I don't see any argument.
    Signature suspended

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast