Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    Having slept in the Tentsile Connect about a dozen or more nights now I can offer some more info.

So far I have been able to hang it successfully everywhere I have camped. Yes, it takes more effort to find trees and hang than a hammock but, for me, that's part of the adventure and the fun. The straps are long and therefore the trees can be quite far apart.

My son has joined me on all but one trip and we have slept very comfortably. You would think that the other person's movement would be a big deal but we haven't noticed it. Oh and yes, we slept with pads under us, that is pretty much a must in my opinion.

Being just a few feet off the ground really helps with the dampness. It's much drier than sleeping in a ground tent.

It's a heavy piece of kit. This is not a backpacking shelter by any means. But, it's not meant for that best I can tell.

As for tree damage, I have done my best to be conscience of that. The straps are wide so that probably helps. The user could also put sticks between the straps and tress which might help. No doubt though there is some serious tension on those straps. The straps do make great clotheslines and such.

It's not the easiest or lightest shelter but it is comfortable, will keep you dry in very heavy rain, keeps the bugs away and honestly has some serious cool factor.

Hammock
    Tentsile 4/2 Jacks R Better 4/1
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better Und
    Suspension
    HH Stock
    I purchased the connect a few years back and have had great experiences with it. I've always solo'd with my Jacks R Better but when my then GF now wife expressed interest I figured this was a great way to ease her in to the camp scene. Of course I only use it for car camping due to its weight. The set up is challenging because you need a triangle of three trees. It really becomes about angles. We took several trips just to master the hang but once set up it is paradise. We've gotten up to 10 feet of the floor and have scenery over other campers as well as protection from wild life. We've had black bears run beneath us and made sure to hang high enough to not entangle deer. The damage on trees seems small. I believe this is do to the distribution of three trees. Hard to get an under quilt that provides warmth. I took a mattress foam topper and cut it to speck and am currently working on sowing some covers for it. YES, it's glamping and to the purist I say this. Please respect those who want to introduce camping to the non campers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123