Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    that's really weird you guys are having such a hard time releasing those clips. No issues here whatsoever. Oh and 3 ft for the shock cord is kind of long...I only used 20 inches for my 11ft cuben w/ doors

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    I have been using the method shown by @Carrico above for years with one exception. I just use mitten hooks.

Has never failed me, easy to use, love the adjustability.

Stayed outside using this setup for 14 straight months, thru Nor'easter storms and all.

The clips y'all are talking about I use to make my WBBB XLC netting tie outs detachable.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    BB and RR
    Tarp
    HG STD CF W/Doors
    Insulation
    HG and EE
    Suspension
    Dutch
    Carrico - the mini cord locks (Clips) did the trick. I've got some pretty good gusts of win here today and the clips with three foot of 1/8" shock cord seem to have held up so far today. Thanks for that idea, and the pictures.

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    These things have very little material to "catch" with in the first place, so I figured that filing may not be the best solution. I just took a couple and used pliers to squeeze the two outer prongs till they just touched the inner one, held it that way for a while. I can open them without the aid of pliers now. Not sure this is a long term fix as the prongs may relax back to their original positions once they sit for a while. Time will tell.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I have tried these clips and often have a problem getting them to release as others have stated, when clipped they work great but my wife can never get hers to release so i just changed our door set ups with Dutch's Fleez, .
    I attached one flea to one side with a small loop of schock cord and on the toher door i have a short piece of thin black line that i can just hook onto the antena and done, works great.

I use these with shockcord:

http://www.dutchwaregear.com/tarp-door-hook.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I have tried these clips and often have a problem getting them to release as others have stated, when clipped they work great but my wife can never get hers to release so i just changed our door set ups with Dutch's Fleez, .
    I attached one flea to one side with a small loop of schock cord and on the toher door i have a short piece of thin black line that i can just hook onto the antena and done, works great.
    The clips can be difficult (I have not done it with cold hands and do worry a little). The one thing I have figured out is that, when under tension, using nails on thumb and finger to "pinch" the center of the clip will work every time. I can understand why you would change the system out. I may revert back to my 1st choice which were the Dutch Hooks that kunzman linked to. However, Backpackrman has the ultimate system that doesn't use any hardware and just knots and loops.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    I put the clips on my Superfly today and they work very well. I have a clip on each corner and a clip on the corner of each door, with a piece of shock cord and a toggle so I can adjust the length of the shock cord depending on the angle of the pitch.
    Hey Carrico. Wondering what length of shock cord you put on the tie outs? Also, does this setup work so that you can close the doors but also leave them open, attaching one side across the length of the tarp to the other end (like a hex tarp)? Assuming the male/female ends lined up correctly.

Thanks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123