Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah52:7 View Post
    I am planning to spend my first all night trip with a hammock TONIGHT. But my location is only locally on campus.

I will take some pictures of my set up although it is amateur in comparison.
    Hope all goes well for you on your first hammocking overnighter. We'll look forwad to seeing the posted photos. And don't sweat the local hang, it's always the best place to test new gear. If you ask anyone here, they'll tell you they do it with almost every new piece of gear before they go out anywhere with it. You're doing the smart thing. This also gives you a chance to fine tune your setup, deciding what you like and don't like, etc. We were all amateurs at this once.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

I do need a rainfly- As one did not come provided from trek light and I have yet to put the time in researching and/or ordering. I will check the other threads on this as well. Hopefully it will not rain tonight
    "How Beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good new,s who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, 'Your God Reigns!'"

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I do need a rainfly- As one did not come provided from trek light and I have yet to put the time in researching and/or ordering. I will check the other threads on this as well. Hopefully it will not rain tonight
    Even if you have to use a $10 tarp from somewhere, it's a good idea to have some kind of coverage unless you're pretty doggone confident in your weatherman. There are all kinds of rain tarps from cheap to expensive you can go with and like you said, more than enough threads discussing that, so I'm not going to even try.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    Let us know how it goes on the overnight.

BTW, I love your user name. This is Isaiah 52:7:
    How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    Let us know how it goes on the overnight.

BTW, I love your user name. This is Isaiah 52:7:
    How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"
    Thank you Dino. My signature (updated)

I am involved in youth ministry and often work at a camp located in Asheville NC in the mountains. This verse was shared with me when spending a month at the camp and has stuck with me since. My passion for kids to hear some incredible things and see incredible scenery!

I am going to be hanging within a 10 min from my apartment- I plan to set up after I finish this test I am currently working on.
    "How Beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good new,s who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, 'Your God Reigns!'"

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Thank you Dino. My signature (updated)

I am involved in youth ministry and often work at a camp located in Asheville NC in the mountains. This verse was shared with me when spending a month at the camp and has stuck with me since. My passion for kids to hear some incredible things and see incredible scenery!

I am going to be hanging within a 10 min from my apartment- I plan to set up after I finish this test I am currently working on.
    that's great isaiah. for 9 years i led people hiking, camping, backpacking through a thing called Creation Wanderings.
    several of my friends use a hammock now when they go out into the creation to sleep!
    if you're going to be that close to home, you can make your way back & change into dry clothes if it does rain on you. let us know how it goes. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

hey everyone-
    night in the hammock was great. the bugs were rough- gotta get a bug net. the sun woke me up. Great night.

Just got back from Pawley's Island, South Carolina- famous for their hammocks.

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    V9 Strong Tarp
    Images
    Hey everyone -

This is Seth Haber, founder and owner of Trek Light Hammocks. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm a fairly constant reader on the forums and while I wish I had more time to contribute on a regular basis, I'm definitely available to answer any questions about our products you might have.

For those of you that haven't heard of us yet, we're based in Boulder, CO and have been selling our great hammocks to the Colorado market and beyond for the last 4+ years. Thanks to our online sales, our hammocks have been shipped to every state in the U.S. and we've done international sales to a number of other countries throughout the world as well. We've been featured in Sport Diver magazine and other national media and we continue to build a grass roots following without spending money on conventional advertising. We rely mainly on word of mouth from our great customers and fans who are more than happy to tell their friends and family about our hammocks.

There's a lot going on with Trek Light at the moment, we're working hard to develop a number of new products, including both a mosquito net hammock and a rain tarp accessory. Because of the simple nature of a camping hammock, there is a lot of overlap in the market and we're well aware of the similarities between many of the products and companies that are out there today. It's our goal to continue to come up with innovative changes to our product line, which will set us apart from our competition and provide you with a better hammock experience in the end.

We're really excited about the future of hammock camping and I'm happy to watch it grow through a great community like this one. Thanks for providing such a great resource to everyone interested in getting started with hammock camping and thanks for welcoming Trek Light into the community as well.

Seth Haber
    Trek Light Hammocks
    www.treklightonline.com

Attached is a picture from Vail, CO over this past weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Welcome to the forum Seth. Glad you could join us.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast