Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Need new bad
    Suspension
    Woopie
    Images

One tree setup. W/ DIY wooden stand

[SIZE=3]This is my DIY one tree "stand". I seen on HF at one point but then it was lost in time. I figured I would do it and add pics.

2- 12' 2x4's
    1- 3' 2x4
    2- 90° Brackets
    8- 3" Wood screws
    6- 3 1/2" Wood screws
    1/2" Wood screws for brackets
    1- 2" webbing about 15' long
    For those who want to know how.

First I screwed the 2- 12' 2x4's together w/6 of the 3" screws. Then I screwed the 3' 2x4 into an end of the 2- 2x4's. Next place the 90° brackets in the corners and screw it to the vertical and horizontal boards. I also placed 6- 3 1/2" screws out of the bottom for traction.
    How to set it up.
    Tie a ridge line about a foot from the top of the pole you have now made. Place the bottom of the pole with the 3" 2x4 about 6" from the base of the tree. Erect your pole to about a 60° angle. Then wile holding the pole at about 60° start walking to the tree letting out your ridge line till you get to the tree. Tie the other end (of the ridge line)to the tree about 5 1/2" to 6" high on the tree (someone on the forum could tell what knots to tie to help with this process) Once that is set get your 2" webbing and anchor about 12" from the base of ur pole in line w/your pole and the tree (this will allow the pole to be pulled downward twards the ground when laying in your hammock and keeping it in line will help with the sway and keep it sturdy). Then tie the webbing to the top of the pole. One could also add tie-outs to the top of the pole for extra resistance against swaying. You could put HD eye bolts a foot from the top of the pole to hang your hammock on, but I didn't because I think it might weaken the strength of the wood of the pole. I did place 2- 1" screws in th pole about a foot from the top so my woopie slings could catch on.

All of this is just what I did, there may be different angles, hights, lengths,and/or ways to do this. This is what worked for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Images
    That's a neat idea. I have plenty of trees in the backyard, but few safe places to hang (dead ash trees). I just might be able to use those lone walnuts after all.

Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Need new bad
    Suspension
    Woopie
    Images
    I can have better pics tomorrow in the light and, maybe some that are not upside down. I'm glad I could help.

I just thought you were in the southern hemisphere.

• + New Posts