Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Images
    Contrasting colors on the TQ so I can see which way is which when getting in the hammock in the dark.

Hammock
    Hennessey Evader
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    I went with HG because at the time they were the only ones that were doing a Mulitcam. I love Multicam that was one of the reasons i went with them. After having received my TQ and UQ I am in love with their product. (I use my TQ around the house while watching tv also.) So my TQ and UQ match. I was hoping to be able to get a Blackbird XLC in Multicam but I seem to have missed the boat on that. My quilts came in 2 different color bags. One was Multicam and the other was black. So as long as I keep them in the same bag every time it makes them easy to not get them mixed up. I am one where I dont want to stick out on the trail so I like camo. I know it will not hide you but I dont think it is obtrusive in nature either.

Tarp
    HG hex 1 grizzbeak
    Insulation
    EE Rev30
    Images
    I like camo so went with coyote brown inside on my TQ, and green inside on my my UQ. I'm all about stealth camping..bright colors are cool though.

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior 11' Digi Woodland 1.9
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    EE TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    For all of my outdoor gear, I try to choose "woodland" colors such as olive drab, hunter green, spruce green, leaf green, various browns, tans, greys, black, etc.

I prefer the aesthetics of woodland colors, and it's also easier to keep a theme going when you pair modern gear with some surplus or vintage stuff. The ability to be stealthy is an added benefit.

...however, you have to take extra care to make sure you always know where your stuff is, especially in the dark. And for emergencies or if I do ever want to stand out, I always bring a pack towel and it is bright orange.

I will also say that I've noticed that many of the cottage/custom hammock/outdoor gear shops offer some colors that have different weights. I would always choose the lighter weights that match my "theme" when possible.
    Last edited by ouroboros; 09-20-2016 at 17:13.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I have three sets of quilts, and I don't think I spent more than 30 seconds thinking about what color quilts I wanted. I'm not a "you can't see me" camo person. My 40* quilts are brick red inside, black outside. My 20* quilts are burnt orange inside, purple outside, and my 0* TQ is burnt orange inside, black outside, while my 0* UQ is Hunter Green inside, black outside. If I were color coordinating, nobody would see my color coordination because my quilts are inside the tarp and nobody can see them. Besides, I don't go to sleep until it's dark so I can't see whatever color they are anyway, and nobody else can either.

Give your color choices the amount of time they deserve: in other words, 30 seconds!
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 09-20-2016 at 18:30.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I'll hang in any color...as long as its Multicam.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    As you are just learning, you might consider sticking with standard black, greys, browns and greens. While these colors might not reflect your personality they would be easier to sell used should you learn that you enjoy hammock camping less than tenting.

Just one perspective.
    Good Luck
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #2779
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ-HG/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/Ti CinchBkl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I have three sets of quilts, and I don't think I spent more than 30 seconds thinking about what color quilts I wanted. I'm not a "you can't see me" camo person. My 40* quilts are brick red inside, black outside. My 20* quilts are burnt orange inside, purple outside, and my 0* TQ is burnt orange inside, black outside, while my 0* UQ is Hunter Green inside, black outside. If I were color coordinating, nobody would see my color coordination because my quilts are inside the tarp and nobody can see them. Besides, I don't go to sleep until it's dark so I can't see whatever color they are anyway, and nobody else can either.

Give your color choices the amount of time they deserve: in other words, 30 seconds!
    I ended up really close to this...

In my weird brain, red=warm. So my 40 degree quilts are red outside. 20 degree are orange. 0 degree are blue (get it, blue = cold). Insides are almost always black when I have a choice, so they dry faster as others have mentioned. Didn't This kind of eliminates having to put much thought into it, and it sure makes it easier to grab exactly what I want when I go to the rack they hang on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.
    - Daniel Webster

Hammock
    11 ft Dutch
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 season New River
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    Images
    The only thing that I can say about color choice is don't match your hammock to the inside of your underquilt. Advice I wish I would have gotten. This will not stop you from missing your hammock and sitting in your underquilt on the ground looking like a, well me, but it will help drastically.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuban Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    I'm color blind, so I pick colors that sound like they would look cool together, and hope my girlfriend doesn't make fun of me when we're setting up camp.
    Ha ha, that's funny! I have a colorblind kid who shares your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast