Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie / Bandit

Howdy from Dallas.

Hello hammockers. How's it hanging? I'm an experienced outdoorsman but new to hammock camping. Most of my camping has been in the BWCA and the woods of central Minnesota and of course all over the Great State of Texas.
    I just wanted to say thanks to all the good folks on this forum. This place is just a treasure trove of valuable information and it really helped me decide on my hammock setup. With the rest of my ground camping it's taken a lifetime of experimenting to get my gear right, but in transitioning to hammock camping I don't have the luxury of wading in and slowly replacing stuff over time. I needed to research extensively, figure out my ideal setup, bite the bullet, and get it right the first time to the extent that is possible. Thanks to this forum, I'm confident my setup will be right for me. I just got my Dutch gear, cordage, stakes, and Mountain Goat sleeves, and now I'm eagerly awaiting my WBBB XLC and Superfly. Happy trails and Skol.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by CunningGnu View Post
    Hello hammockers. How's it hanging? I'm an experienced outdoorsman but new to hammock camping. Most of my camping has been in the BWCA and the woods of central Minnesota and of course all over the Great State of Texas.
    I just wanted to say thanks to all the good folks on this forum. This place is just a treasure trove of valuable information and it really helped me decide on my hammock setup. With the rest of my ground camping it's taken a lifetime of experimenting to get my gear right, but in transitioning to hammock camping I don't have the luxury of wading in and slowly replacing stuff over time. I needed to research extensively, figure out my ideal setup, bite the bullet, and get it right the first time to the extent that is possible. Thanks to this forum, I'm confident my setup will be right for me. I just got my Dutch gear, cordage, stakes, and Mountain Goat sleeves, and now I'm eagerly awaiting my WBBB XLC and Superfly. Happy trails and Skol.
    Welcome! Sounds like you're on the right track. What do you have lined up for bottom insulation?

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Howdy and welcome! We really do have a tree or two in Texas, glad you found them.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Marietta GA. Happy hanging!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie / Bandit
    I'll be using a DIY Costco Down Throw for my underquilt, and a North Face sleeping bag (20 degrees) for a top quilt. I also have a Ridgerest foam pad to slip between hammock layers should the CDT UQ prove inadequate. Eventually I'll probably upgrade to a proper UQ like Loco Libre Habañero, but after what I just paid to Warbonnet and Dutch I figure I'll only need insulation for one arm and one leg. Thankfully, TX winters are, shall we say, mild. I'm using this guide for the UQ: http://m.imgur.com/a/ABzWn

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie / Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by CunningGnu View Post
    I'm using this guide for the UQ: http://m.imgur.com/a/ABzWn
    With credit to https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...49-m_urbanawiz

• + New Posts